Major's

Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Alijay
OBOD Druid

Major's

Postby Alijay » 09 Sep 2008, 09:19

0 Fool - Court Jester-- completed
1 Magician - --Salomea--completed
2 The priestess -
3 The Empress - salomea---completed
4 The Emperor - Cosmic ash
5 The Hierophant -
6 The Lovers - Baobab
7 The Chariot - Wintersundog--completed
8 Strength - cosmic ash---completed
9 The Hermit - Dhubh---completed
10 Wheel of Fortune - Dhubh
11 Justice - Frog --- completed
12 The Hanged Man -Frog--completed
13 Death - Kat Lady--completed
14 Temperance -Lilly--completed
15 Devil - Frog--- completed
16 The Tower -Wintersundog ---completed
17 The Star -Dhubh --- completed
18 The Moon - Aichmetes---- completed
19 The Sun -Aichmetes--completed
20 Judgement -cheeta
21 World - Baobab---completed
Last edited by Alijay on 09 Sep 2009, 11:35, edited 11 times in total.

Alijay
OBOD Druid

Re: Major's

Postby Alijay » 17 Sep 2008, 13:50

Post all your major's here, that way they are all in one place,

Frog
OBOD Druid

Postby Frog » 23 Sep 2008, 12:30

THE DEVIL

The Druid (could be either sex) is "chained" to the computer, working on whatever is they are doing (in this card, they are looking at the "virtual world" - a photograph of a BlueBell. The door is open and they could just walk through and get out and into nature - but they can't as they are intent on their work, their hood obscuring the view of the wide open door.

as I often feel "chained" to the computer, working on something that just "has" to be done, I felt that this was the Devil. Indeed, the fact that I have used a computer to produce the image itself, overlaying a hand drawn image with images and "digitising" the lines is ironic in itself!
devil-small.jpg
devil-small.jpg (50.94 KiB) Viewed 6487 times
(I should point out that this is the "small" version of the image. If anyone would like a copy of the larger one - which is 1000 pixels x 1250 and 450Kb in size, please let me know)

I'd like to thank Alijay for this opportunity. I'd like to have a go at another one shortly, but I'd rather not have it on my shoulders just yet.... :D

Peace,
Frog
"Don't look to the end of the rainbow for the pot of gold; it's already under your feet"
Enjoy this life. It would be a shame if we looked forward to the next, only to find we forgot the one before.

Image ImageImage
ImageI08; 2010 BS, SB; 2011 IL; 2011 BS
ImageSpeakers Corner, 2011

My spiritual blog: http://theblackcrane.wordpress.com
Bardic Inspirations (Stories/rambles): http://frog101.wordpress.com

Snægl
OBOD Ovate

Postby Snægl » 23 Sep 2008, 16:43

Within the symbolism of the Tarot, the Sun represents energy and creativity, shown through the swirling pattern of the Awen. The Sun can also mean carrying out the work of the bard, so I incorporated the circle and square symbolism of the Bardic Grade. The starry blue of the square, representing the ordered universe, brings cohesion to the tendrils of chaotic creativity surrounding it, thus giving birth to the firery and swirling inspiration of the Sun.
Attachments
000252ws.jpg
The Sun. Acrylics on canvas board.
000252ws.jpg (124.63 KiB) Viewed 6478 times
Forþan bið andgit æghwær selest ferðes foreþanc. :zen:
Therefore, in every respect understanding is best, and deliberation of spirit.
-- Beowulf 1059–1060
ImageImageThe Druid's Well Blog

Ade Sundog
OBOD Ovate

Postby Ade Sundog » 23 Sep 2008, 20:32

The Tower : You either do or you don't .

Inspired by 'Especially When The October Wind' By Dylan Thomas
And 'The Tower' By Peter Hammill
Attachments
TOWER[1] re.jpg
TOWER[1] re.jpg (207.61 KiB) Viewed 6453 times
:sun:

Og - Ha - Be

Make Tea Not War :greenpeace:

Frog
OBOD Druid

Postby Frog » 29 Sep 2008, 12:45

JUSTICE
justicesmall.jpg
justicesmall.jpg (59.06 KiB) Viewed 6408 times
The three books are arranged to reflect the three levels of learning that druids go through, not neatly stacked to show that they are frequently referred to.
The dowsing pendulum hangs above the books, being used to answer a question that the holder has.

I decided to use a dowsing pendulum to reflect the many ways that we may receive guidance on our questions - both legal and otherwise - and like dowsing if information is left out, or badly phrased the results may not bode well for the recipient of the information.
"Don't look to the end of the rainbow for the pot of gold; it's already under your feet"
Enjoy this life. It would be a shame if we looked forward to the next, only to find we forgot the one before.

Image ImageImage
ImageI08; 2010 BS, SB; 2011 IL; 2011 BS
ImageSpeakers Corner, 2011

My spiritual blog: http://theblackcrane.wordpress.com
Bardic Inspirations (Stories/rambles): http://frog101.wordpress.com

Salomea
OBOD Druid

Postby Salomea » 16 Oct 2008, 01:12

This is the base idea of card (below), I don't mean the look, but probably the style. I don't know if it's ok, but when I think about empress Venus is simply "avatars" of it, holding many meanings of this card. That's why I wonder if I can picture that goddess on it, even if she's not celtic. I don't actually know which celtic goddess would be good for this card. Now I'm thinking about symbols that I have to add, but I hope I'll make it soon :)

p.s I wrote wenus instead of venus, cause I used polish word (just to avoid confusion)

Salomea
You gain wisdom by talking with stars,
but to see them you need deep dark.

ImageImageImage
2009 SB 2010 LI 2011 IL

Alijay
OBOD Druid

Postby Alijay » 23 Oct 2008, 19:20

Hows everyone doing??

Iam still playing with this one, think i will have to do a bit more behind the hermit and work on the aura a bit more.
My hermit was female, then went a bit male, now he/she is ? well just that, he/she, what ever you want the hermit
to be at the time.
I also think the star is going to be a bit the same, he/she type!!

Cosmic Ash
OBOD Druid

Postby Cosmic Ash » 28 Nov 2008, 11:24

strength.jpg
strength.jpg (110.5 KiB) Viewed 6270 times
STRENGTH

Whilst thinking about this card I happened to read an article in a magazine about Tibetan monks who spend days creating beautiful intricate sand mandalas, grain by grain with tweezers, only to sweep them up and offer them to the sea when they are finished. In the article the author writes, "...moving toward enlightenment means, in large part, knowing that the wisest way to hold onto something (or someone) is with an open palm."
I have always felt that the Strength card is the opposite of the harsh physical control of The Chariot. I have used the open palm to show this non-grasping aspect of the card. I also feel that the open palm can show surrender or submission to a higher force. The sea in the background could represent those higher forces, like the tides, against which all our human desires for control are powerless. Sometimes the right action is no action at all, and that can take a great deal of inner strength.

Hawkmoon
OBOD Bard

Postby Hawkmoon » 28 Nov 2008, 11:27

If the Emperor is still free I'll put my hand up for it. When is the deadline for this project??? :shrug:

Love and Light
Jason
And gladly wolde he lerne and gladly teche.
Geoffrey Chaucer
The Canterbury Tales (prologue, l. 308)

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Pick me!! Pick me!! No me, pick me!!

Alijay
OBOD Druid

Postby Alijay » 28 Nov 2008, 13:33

If the Emperor is still free I'll put my hand up for it. When is the deadline for this project??? :shrug:

Love and Light
Jason
Hello Jason yes you can have the Emperor, the deadline was the first week in december, but have extended it to christmas,
but dont worry everyone is busy at this time of year, so no pressure, it is ment to be fun and enjoyable,

STRENGTH

Whilst thinking about this card I happened to read an article in a magazine about Tibetan monks who spend days creating beautiful intricate sand mandalas, grain by grain with tweezers, only to sweep them up and offer them to the sea when they are finished. In the article the author writes, "...moving toward enlightenment means, in large part, knowing that the wisest way to hold onto something (or someone) is with an open palm."
I have always felt that the Strength card is the opposite of the harsh physical control of The Chariot. I have used the open palm to show this non-grasping aspect of the card. I also feel that the open palm can show surrender or submission to a higher force. The sea in the background could represent those higher forces, like the tides, against which all our human desires for control are powerless. Sometimes the right action is no action at all, and that can take a great deal of inner strength.
WOW Cosmic Ash, Love that card, and that you have written is brilliant,just perfect for Strength

Alijay
OBOD Druid

Postby Alijay » 28 Nov 2008, 13:36

And forgot to say that The Fool is up for grabs, as paul is taking a break for the board for a while,
So if anyone would like to do this, he's the only card left now

Hawkmoon
OBOD Bard

Postby Hawkmoon » 28 Nov 2008, 14:37

Alijay, could I take take the fool instead as the jester / fool is something of a trademark for me... :grin: ?
If not, the Emperor is fine. Or both... am I being too ambitious???? :grin: :-) :grin:

Love and Light
Jason
Geoffrey Chaucer

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

butterfly watcher
OBOD Bard

Postby butterfly watcher » 28 Nov 2008, 22:14

Great cards so far everyone :D
Butterfly watcherImage

Hawkmoon
OBOD Bard

Postby Hawkmoon » 30 Nov 2008, 09:22

OK here's the Fool. Proud of myself as it is almost all of my own work (the greyhound was copied off a photo and changed). Not usually one for freehand work (you can probably tell :grin: :grin: ) but the Fool's all mine. I tried to use the symbols typical for this card, I originally had broken fetters on his feet but it didn't sit right. I wanted it to represent leaving the old behind and embracing happiness anew. But felt drawn to leave it without.
I hope you like....
Love and Light
Jason
The-Fool.jpg
The-Fool.jpg (208.34 KiB) Viewed 6229 times
Geoffrey Chaucer

ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Bracken
OBOD Druid

Postby Bracken » 30 Nov 2008, 18:53

I almost called this card The Whirled because that is how I have been feeling while I have been working on it; churned up. I have also reached the end of the OBOD Bardic.

I often think that the tarot card, The World speaks of a profound ending in a person's life, one that is experienced with completion, maturity and peace. It can call on you to let go and give away, and that can be a major challenge. It also presents brand new opportunities to be faced in the light of that which was learnt during the closing phase.

I felt drawn to the traditional images found in the Rider-Waite tarot. In the four corners of the card for The World you will find a bull, a lion, an eagle and a human being. I have always read those to be representative of the four elements, and so I have shape-shifted them into a new mystical mythical creature. Here is a graceful human woman dancing on the legs of a lion, with an eagle's head and the horns and tail of a bull.

Make of it what you will.
World-OBOD.jpg
World-OBOD.jpg (143.76 KiB) Viewed 6202 times
Last edited by Bracken on 03 Dec 2008, 11:30, edited 1 time in total.

Alijay
OBOD Druid

Postby Alijay » 30 Nov 2008, 23:14

Fantastic cards here,

Hello Baobab :hiya:
I almost called this card The Whirled because that is how I have been feeling while I have been working on it; churned up. I have also reached the end of the OBOD Bardic.
I know just where you are coming from here, I too have reached the end of the bardic grade and that is why the star card
is taking me longer than planed, i will get there soon,
The Whirled would make a very good tarot card, The Bardic journey was a whirl, although the course has come to an end, it will be a continous journey.

Salomea
OBOD Druid

Postby Salomea » 01 Dec 2008, 09:47

wow I love you cards specially the strength
You gain wisdom by talking with stars,
but to see them you need deep dark.

ImageImageImage
2009 SB 2010 LI 2011 IL

Bracken
OBOD Druid

Postby Bracken » 16 Jan 2009, 00:33

Hey alijay, d'you reck it's time to start asking people if they're still interested, or what?

Kat Lady
OBOD Druid

Postby Kat Lady » 16 Jan 2009, 01:12

:oops: I am still working on it. Life has been so chaotic that my creativity seemed to have taken a vacation! I see what I want to do and have my basic sketch so will work on it this weekend as I watch more snow fall on Sunday!
If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.--Mark Twain

Return to “DHP Tarot Creation Group”