Privacy Clarification

Important forum announcements, news of upcoming events of potential interest to our members, FAQs, and a place to ask for and receive technical help with board features.
Forum rules
Your guide to important information about this discussion forum. This forum is viewable by members. Hosts: Art, Selene
Amaitae
OBOD Bard

Privacy Clarification

Post by Amaitae »

Hello, I've been registered for a while but have never really used the message board until now. I wanted some clarification on exactly who can see the contents of this message board. I read this FAQ post and the first question addresses that the forum is no longer public to guests nor search engines. I wanted to verify this because the forums in the Open Druidry board state in their rules that they are public, viewable to guests and search engines. I've tried to deliberately search this message board via search engines and find that while hits do show up, navigating to them requires you to be a registered user to actually see the topic.

Are the rules banners on the Open Druidry forums outdated? I'd like to know because I would like to post in the Open Druidry forums but am uncomfortable doing so if anyone can come and find what I've posted. Perhaps I'm a little paranoid, but I cannot be open about my spirituality in real life and worry that it may not be safe to post there. Also, if the message board is indeed members only, will it continue to be private in the future?
Image 2021 Beltane/Samhain Eisteddfod
Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Re: Privacy Clarification

Post by Heddwen »

Yes I've had a look at the creative Bardic Pursuits Forum and seen the header. I will message the Admin regarding this.

Heddwen.
Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Post by Heddwen »

Hello there Amaitae,

I've just checked with Admin and yes, the Forums are private - it's just the headers that are a little out of date. Rest assured you can post here safely and privately as you wish.

We are in the process of updating the headers (in pink) soon, so bare with us. :)

Heddwen.
Amaitae
OBOD Bard

Post by Amaitae »

Wonderful, thank you for taking the time to look into this :)
Image 2021 Beltane/Samhain Eisteddfod
Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Post by Heddwen »

Amaitae wrote: 23 Feb 2020, 16:39 Wonderful, thank you for taking the time to look into this :)
You're very welcome! :tiphat: