Musso Koroni

This Forum is dedicated to the Druidic search for the underlying meaning of life, the unifying nature of our common humanity, and our interconnectedness in the search for truth.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Woodfox
OBOD Druid

Musso Koroni

Postby Woodfox » 07 Mar 2010, 09:24

Does anyone know anything about this African Goddess? She's manifested herself to a friend of mine, and we've found out she's African, takes the form of a leopard, and is the Goddess of chaos, sadness and anger. My friend is a bit distressed and worried that a goddess of such things would make herself known to her, but she has felt all of these things recently in her life, so perhaps that's why.

Thanks for your help!
Blessings,
Woodfox
Image ImageImage

Donata
OBOD Druid
Location: Watching the seasons change in the woods at my home in Western NY

Re: Musso Koroni

Postby Donata » 24 Apr 2010, 15:40

Do an online search - there are several entries that came up.

Here's one:
The goddess of disorder among the Bambara of Africa and the first woman to be created. She is the daughter of the Voice of the Void, and wife of Pemba. She planted Pemba in the soil but disliked his thorns and so forswore the god. Now she wanders the earth, causing sadness and disorder among mankind.

BB
Donata
In some mysterious and wonderful way you are part of everything. And in that same mysterious and wonderful way, everything is a part of you. ---Nippawanock, ARAPAHOE

If I destroy you, I destroy myself. If I honor you, I honor myself. --- Hunbatz Men, MAYAN ELDER

http://www.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com
http://www.Donata.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com

The Medicine Wheel: Path of the Heart (book available through Amazon.com)

ImageImage ImageImage

Woodfox
OBOD Druid

Postby Woodfox » 26 Apr 2010, 08:06

Thanks Donata, I had come across that information in an internet search previously. Thank you for the suggestion though! I was hoping the Druid community would have more information than I could find online, such as working experience, and that sort of thing. I think though she's just going to have to work with her and see what happens.
Blessings,
Woodfox
Image ImageImage

lavouivre
OBOD Ovate

Postby lavouivre » 13 Aug 2010, 20:14

She sounds like Lilith a bit: first woman of the creation, and once she chooses to follow her own path instead of getting along with her man (Pemba or Adam) she becomes a demon spreading disease or fear by attacking new born... Probably so that women would take that as a cautionnary tale, haha...
I believe that even in darker sides of deities, there is a positive message to learn. You need chaos to create order. Tarots cards also put the death arcana in the middle of the pack (no 13), as part of a cycle of change and self improvement, as some things in you need to die so that you can progress and renew yourself. It is not an end but a passage, like an initiation. It is perhaps also in darker times that you learn most about your strengths and limits too. Your friend shouldn't feel threatened by such a Goddess but learn her lessons, perhaps go beyond despair or anger, direct the energy of anger towards a positive goal, and the sadness or despair towards compassion to others?
The goddess Kerridwen has three sides too: energy of youth, fertility of a mother, and crooked old death.
I find her connection with Leopards very interesting personnaly, as I believe my animal guide is Leopard. Since she presented herself to your friend in that shape, perhaps your friend needs to get to know leopards. They are graceful, persistent, patient, strong and quick. Your friend should practice patience with her/his present situation, and perhaps also look at the source of all these current problems she/he is facing by "stalking", researching and finding a solution to make it come to an end. Your friend needs also the strength of that animal (it can lift its preys up in trees to eat peacefully without any other predators to steal the meat). It is also a solitary animal, so your friend might also need some time alone to figure out all this, meditate, plan a strategy etc. Perhaps the goddess under her Leopard shape is telling her the way out and leopards have come as advisors. In that case the goddess has become a powerful ally and she should be thanked.

lavouivre
OBOD Ovate

Postby lavouivre » 13 Aug 2010, 20:18

Check out leopards in shamanism, especially the book-dictionnary Animal Speak by Ted Andrews.

Return to “The Common Quest”