2011 Trends, Predictions etc.

This Forum is dedicated to the Druidic search for the underlying meaning of life, the unifying nature of our common humanity, and our interconnectedness in the search for truth.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Dathi
OBOD Ovate

2011 Trends, Predictions etc.

Postby Dathi » 16 Dec 2010, 20:36

Greetings,

Some interesting things to kick around here. With all the divination and seership expertise on DHP, has anyone figured out what next year holds? Whilst doing some work-related future-search i came across this site. http://www.jwtintelligence.com/ LOTS of interesting stuff here, but the Youtube clip for 2011 caught my eye: http://www.youtube.com/user/JWTIntellig ... tTk2J935Bg

"Human analogue interactions" ???? A new way of saying "getting back to nature".

Traditionalists may prefer Old Moore's Almanac - "beware of spurious editions!). (Irish and English versions - different).

But here are a few indications from my throwing of the bones.

Members of a Druid group will fall out with each other, thereby giving rise to a new order, grove or seed-group.

The Daily Wail will publish a smartarse pseudo-learned article bemoaning the rise of crack-pot paganism, and it's impact on normal society (if not Beltane, then definitely Samhain).

A troll will post on DHP some variation of the sporadic "you are not real druids!" theme, this will give rise to entertaining indignation from some "defenders of the faith".

A major public figure will "out" themselves as a practicing Druid (and not merely a wannabe teenage witch!).

Another "History of the Druids" book will be published, rehashing what Tacitus and Strabo said a few years ago.

The iPhone Order of Insular Druids will be formed. The App Grove will be launched.

Several Irish Archdruids will have a public spat at Tara.

"New" scientific evidence will emerge confirming that Stonehenge (Newgrange, Avebury or whatever) was a sophisticated solar observatory.

Any other takers??? :merlyn:

Dathi
:owlhorn:
Seminar. September 2010: African Druids? Sangomas, Inyangas http://www.druidry.org/board/dhp/viewto ... =2&t=36777

2011 LI
Seminar. October 2012: Druids & Bushcraft viewtopic.php?f=326&t=41256

wolf560

Re: 2011 Trends, Predictions etc.

Postby wolf560 » 18 Dec 2010, 18:41

The iPhone Order of Insular Druids will be formed. The App Grove will be launched.
Laughed so hard....!!! (and of course checked App store immediately afterwards)

The more things change the more alike things are... :panther:
The Druids wrote nothing down, and memorized everything...
/|\ Mark /|\

Image Image
2011 BS
Speakers Corner (Sep 2011) A lesson in the Ogham
Divination method; The Awen Stones

Guild Chief; ADF Scholars Guild, Scribe GotRP ADF, Bandarach Council member, NOD Council member

ImageImageImageImage

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Postby Heddwen » 18 Dec 2010, 19:14

That's so brilliant Dathi. I'd like to add,

A troll will post on the DHP some variation of " I am the only true druid in town (or in this village !!! ) and I am more druider than thou because

1. I have completed trainings with at least 10 different druid organisations and none of them are OBOD.

2.I am the leader of at least 6 of them, but even so, I prefer to remain on the OBOD site.

3. I have at least 50 years druidic experience (well according to me) and that doesn't include my past lives.

4. Therefore I am in a superior position to impart my words of wisdom and teachings to the board members, whether they want it or not, they are jolly well going to have it!"

MountainGnome

Postby MountainGnome » 08 Feb 2011, 21:48

It's been said that the best way to predict the future is to make it happen, so in the case of the App Grove... we can get that going ourselves if we work together and get serious about it. :)

What apps would be useful to druidry?

A sunrise/sunset calculator? And compass?

Some kind of druid holy day (or phases of the Moon, solstices, w/e) calendar/reminder app?

A tree identification and lore guide?

fulbert-avebury
OBOD Bard

Postby fulbert-avebury » 09 Feb 2011, 16:32

I like all of this talk about apps . . . would welcome any one of them!

Jeffrey

skydove
OBOD Ovate

Postby skydove » 09 Feb 2011, 17:37

Sorry pardon my ignorance, what's an app?
What's an app grove?
Image 2010 SB Image2011 LI Image Image2011 SB
'much of what she heard from the trees was her own self echoed back'
http://www.suerodger.moonfruit.com/.
December 2013 Seminar - Mask Making with Plaster Bandages

fulbert-avebury
OBOD Bard

Postby fulbert-avebury » 10 Feb 2011, 03:22

Sorry pardon my ignorance, what's an app?
What's an app grove?
I was referring to an application, such as on a Mac or iPad, though not sure about others in this context . . .

BTW, I specialize in ignorance.

Jeffrey

Return to “The Common Quest”