Prayer Corner

A forum for discussion of the Shamanic path.
Forum rules
The focus of this forum is on the positive aspects of Shamanism, especially in connection with Druidry. Please feel free to discuss, ask questions and share your ideas and experiences. This is a public forum, viewable by guests as well as members, and is cataloged by most search engines.

If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Wraithian
OBOD Ovate

Prayer Corner

Postby Wraithian » 22 Sep 2007, 16:17

In an effort to tidy things up a bit, I restarted the Prayer Corner as no one had posted anything in it in 6 months. The idea of "Prayer Corner" came about from Wolfwalker, so I will include his opening words from the previous prayer corner.

Wolfwalker wrote:
For those requesting a place to share their spirituality with their prayer or spiritual requests for others and special needs...
Please understand prayer in the broadest sense... spiritual intervention, our own inner strength offerred up in meditation, etc. All forms of prayer, candles or incense burned, simple thoughts of support, caring or such for others or events and places that are in need. Whatever we can do at times, bearing in mind sometimes all we can do is to think on these situations and ask our spiritual source(s) to give aid and blessing or focus our energy toward them.
Peace, Peter
:wraithian: Image :wraithian:

Scylla
OBOD Ovate

Re: Prayer Corner

Postby Scylla » 25 Sep 2007, 10:29

Hi

It´s a great idea, since a friend of mine was killed yesterday in Afghanistan where he was serving. His name is German Perez Burgos. His body and the other soldier killed will arrive late tonight and the official funeral will take place tomorrow.

:-(
You don´t choose your believes, your believes choose you.

Wolfwalker

Postby Wolfwalker » 07 Oct 2007, 00:44

Scylla
Please accept my thoughts for you & his other friends, family & comrades.
This has become a far too common event here in Canada, & each time the news services say that more have been killed, I find myself fast as thought hoping it's not another person I know... I have so many of my former military friends serving over there now, including my cousin's husband who is a good friend of mine as well as family.
Again please know my prayers are lifted up for German & his colleague and the loved ones their crosssing leave behind.
:candle:
/|\ Peter

(thanks Wraith for house-cleaning this area... If I was still a mod, I'd have done it, but...)
Love people and use things, NOT use people and love things...

Donata
OBOD Druid
Location: Watching the seasons change in the woods at my home in Western NY

Postby Donata » 07 Oct 2007, 05:23

My grandson, who is in the US Navy, finished a tour of duty in Iraq, and now is in Kuwait. I pray for his safety.

A dear Pagan friend, Canadian Army medic, is in Afghanistan, and has shared a bit of what he deals with - horrible! including many injured and maimed children. I pray for him.

I don't support the war itself - I do support and pray for the men and women in all the armies over there, and for the civilian populations of the invaded countries. I pray US doesn't extend the war to Iran, or anywhere else.

BB
Donata
In some mysterious and wonderful way you are part of everything. And in that same mysterious and wonderful way, everything is a part of you. ---Nippawanock, ARAPAHOE

If I destroy you, I destroy myself. If I honor you, I honor myself. --- Hunbatz Men, MAYAN ELDER

http://www.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com
http://www.Donata.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com

The Medicine Wheel: Path of the Heart (book available through Amazon.com)

ImageImage ImageImage

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Postby Dryadia2 » 07 Oct 2007, 06:12

Thoughts and Prayers for all the Service Men and Women, & may they return home safely, soon.
May there be Peace throughout the Whole World.Image

:dryadia: /|\
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than any city on earth - Steve McQueen

Seeker
OBOD Druid

Postby Seeker » 07 Oct 2007, 13:12

:salute: :candle: :salute:
"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought."
Matsuo Basho

scopulus
OBOD Ovate

Postby scopulus » 07 Oct 2007, 19:56

My best friend his mother is rightnow, when I write this, dieing. I wish to use this prayer corner so her last travel may be one with no pain, and no obstacles.

May she be blessed on her travels to the summerlands.
Words, mere words, Vivid, clear and sometimes Cruel!!!
Yet ... they have a subtle magic in them.

'Oscar Wilde' The picture of Dorian Gray.

Seeker
OBOD Druid

Postby Seeker » 07 Oct 2007, 20:53

My prayers ride the winds, Scopulus, that she finds safe passage...
"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought."
Matsuo Basho

scopulus
OBOD Ovate

Postby scopulus » 08 Oct 2007, 05:01

October 8th, 2007 local time 3.36 his mother passed away.
I have been taking care of her since april this year with my friend. She died without pain this night, and is now searching her way to the summerlands.
I bid her the best wishes where-ever her travels takes her now, and that she may find peace and serenity for the time being there, without reminding her of the sufferings she endured over her lifespan.

Gilbert: Ride the winds! You fought like a bear, and you are now in the caring of the Great bear. This is a story that will be told many times my lovely friend!

Shandara
OBOD Bard

Postby Shandara » 08 Oct 2007, 18:29

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend - and blessings to your friends mother on her new journey

Shandara
ImageImage

chadly

Postby chadly » 10 Oct 2007, 17:22

I need prayer that my friend and I find and finalize a place to live within the next week, as that's about the amount of time I have to move to be able to start my new job in Charleston. And finances, as usual - I'm borderline broke, and when I move, it will be tight for awhile.

scopulus
OBOD Ovate

Postby scopulus » 11 Oct 2007, 00:07

Whoever says the shamanic path is NOT hard....
Tonight, 3 days later of my friends mother , my uncle passed away with euthanasia.
May he shine light wherever he is. I can use some prayers rightnow, for 2 deaths of beloved people in my life in 3 days.. this makes it awhole lot harder.
I hope that the Deathgod(s) grant me some rest now.

Blessings.

Wolfwalker

Postby Wolfwalker » 25 Feb 2009, 23:49

My sisters & brothers...
I'm asking your prayers for my grand-niece Emma; she has a very rare type of Aplastic Aenemia. Best chance for recovery in this is a stem cell transplant from a sibling, but second choice is a very heavy drug regime & platelet transfusions every other week. It's the latter that Emma is on... hard going for a little girl who won't be three until April 3rd!!!
Her mom, my niece Carolyn, & dad Geoff have been spending almost all their time at the hospital, despite the fact Caroly was pregnant. two days ago (3 1/2 weeks early), she delivered Emma's new little sister Katherine by emergency c-section.
Now haemotologists are checking the umbilical cord blood to see if stem cells will be possible if the drugs don't work. Emma has almost no immune system, even now, nearly 8 weeks into treatment - even a cold or 'flu' could literally be the death of her! Life is not as wonderful sometimes as it is at others...
This little blonde tousle-headed junior tomboy is a serious fighter, has been from day 1, despite 3 Spinal Taps, CT scans, MRI's, and more tests than any two year old should have to endure. I pray that the healing spirits are listening & choose to take her once more the happy, rough & tumble little girl she was before symptoms starting showing as 'unexplained fevers' last autumn, just before Samhain.
:where:
peace to you & yours, one & all
hugs, Peter /|\
Love people and use things, NOT use people and love things...

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Postby Dryadia2 » 26 Feb 2009, 00:17

Thoughts and Prayers for Emma :candle:

:dryadia: /|\
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than any city on earth - Steve McQueen

Seeker
OBOD Druid

Postby Seeker » 26 Feb 2009, 14:08

My prayers ride the winds for Emma, old friend...
Matsuo Basho

raveighen
OBOD Bard

Postby raveighen » 26 Feb 2009, 19:37

My Prayers and heart felt feelings go out to everyone here.
Blessings,
Raveighen Blackwing

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

ImageImage ImageImage Image
Please love upon my beautiful dragons occassionally to keep them healthy.

Cannaid

Postby Cannaid » 26 Feb 2009, 19:40

Thoughts and prayers for Emma....
Kindness First and in All Things...

D'Arzhur
OBOD Druid

Postby D'Arzhur » 26 Feb 2009, 22:43

Love, energy & prayers for Emma and her whole family :hug: :hug: :hug:
D'Arzhur
Tradu/i\re