Simultaneous Dreaming?

A forum for discussion of the Shamanic path.
Forum rules
The focus of this forum is on the positive aspects of Shamanism, especially in connection with Druidry. Please feel free to discuss, ask questions and share your ideas and experiences. This is a public forum, viewable by guests as well as members, and is cataloged by most search engines.

If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Artemis365

Simultaneous Dreaming?

Post by Artemis365 » 24 Jul 2010, 19:17

Is it possible to be in a dream about someone and have them dreaming that same dream about you? :thinking:
"We know what we are but not what we may be" - William Shakespeare
"Feel no sorrow, feel no pain, feel no hurt there's nothing gained. Only love will then remain."-Blackmore's Night
"There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip"-Billy the Kid

Busker

Re: Simultaneous Dreaming?

Post by Busker » 25 Jul 2010, 02:04

Artemis365 wrote:Is it possible to be in a dream about someone and have them dreaming that same dream about you? :thinking:
Yes. Many years ago dreamed I was in Miami. I was searching for my wife. I was in a state of great excitement because I knew if I found her it would 'prove' it.
I woke still in a state of great excitement and shook her awake demanding to know where she was dreaming about.
She was none to pleased and eventually mumbled "I dunno,bl**dy Florida or somesuch place. P*ss off."
You don't forget stuff like that. :grin:
PS. We were living in a caravan (thats trailer in the USA and Canada) in South Wales U.K. at the time and had never been to the States.
Last edited by Busker on 25 Jul 2010, 11:26, edited 1 time in total.

Dendrias

Post by Dendrias » 25 Jul 2010, 10:56

There is a very nice song by "Einstürzende Neubauten" - I admit that it is in German, but still, it's nice - called "Stella Maris":

The last verses go:
Einstürzende Neubauten wrote:You dream me, I You
don't fear, I won't wake You up
before You wake up Yourself
You dream me, I You
don't fear, I'll find You
on Your half-coattail I'll grab You (that's, I think, a play on word with "sleep" in German)
and drag You to me
because You dream me, I You
I dream You, You me
we dream each other awake.
And that's after they've been searching each other between Nanga Parbat and Mariana Trench and keep missing each other.

Just after typing I found this video on youtube. With a far better translation - well, I won't delete mine, anyway.

celticmodes

Post by celticmodes » 26 Jul 2010, 14:21

I am a twin and when I was young, and my brother and I hadn't fully differentiated, we often shared our recurring nightmares. We never talked about it or thought it was strange until we grew up and realized this wasn't the norm. It was cool to go back over the dreams and he could fill in parts I didn't remember.

As an adult I had a similar experience. My teacher was heading back from a trip. She was on a train and I was asleep at home. She knew I'd be asleep at that time so she came and visited me. I remember she appeared in my dream and started talking to me and as she spoke, the dream changed and more importantly, the sensations changed. She pulled me to her on the train. She was trying to teach me how to leave my body. I freaked out...the train was loud! I popped back in my body and woke up.

I think that one was more astral but she used a dream to come get me so I guess the answer is yes; I've shared dream space with people before. I guess that means it's a natural occurrence even if it's a bit rare or takes some training.

MiriamSPia

Post by MiriamSPia » 27 Nov 2010, 17:50

Dendrias wrote:There is a very nice song by "Einstürzende Neubauten" - I admit that it is in German, but still, it's nice - called "Stella Maris":

The last verses go:
Einstürzende Neubauten wrote:You dream me, I You
don't fear, I won't wake You up
before You wake up Yourself
You dream me, I You
don't fear, I'll find You
on Your half-coattail I'll grab You (that's, I think, a play on word with "sleep" in German)
and drag You to me
because You dream me, I You
I dream You, You me
we dream each other awake.
And that's after they've been searching each other between Nanga Parbat and Mariana Trench and keep missing each other.

Just after typing I found this video on youtube. With a far better translation - well, I won't delete mine, anyway.
Yes. I have had two friends - members of the opposite but not a lover at all, who showed up in my dreams. Normally they showed up in my dreams during a time in my life when we socialized in person quite a bit. Now, during the past 2 or 3 years one of my lovers has shown up in my dreams, but not very often.

The lady who wrote about her teacher showing up on the train: there is a complex matter involving how astral projection can be involved, but also, people can create interactions in their own minds, and also there are traditions in which people would send a clear dream to another because they did not have telephones. You know how in the countryside the energy is different. There is less interference in getting through when it is not so busy. In rural Australia, people could send dreams to the nearest group of humans which might be miles away and still get through without confusion.

I hope that did not end up seeming garbled.

Return to “The Shamanic Druid”