Polar Shift

A forum for discussion of the Shamanic path.
Forum rules
The focus of this forum is on the positive aspects of Shamanism, especially in connection with Druidry. Please feel free to discuss, ask questions and share your ideas and experiences. This is a public forum, viewable by guests as well as members, and is cataloged by most search engines.

If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Petrichor
OBOD Ovate

Polar Shift

Postby Petrichor » 07 Dec 2011, 12:22

Has anyone considered how a polar shift might affect the wheel of the year ?
The 8 festivals govern my experience of Druidry and provide foundations for understanding the great mystery of Earth.

This is the basis of many of our doctrines and rituals - what if suddenly it all changed ?
The seasons, the directions - and consequently the relevant relationships, totems, etc ?

I'm not trying to be morbid here.
I believe this could be an interesting and important discussion ...........

Petrichor.

Formerly - Zimran - Aracos - Petrichor

I AM AN OLD MAN
BUT I AM A YOUNG GARDINER
Albert Einstein

Karl

Re: Polar Shift

Postby Karl » 07 Dec 2011, 15:06

You guys have different symbols for the different directions being in the Southern Hemisphere, so presumably if everything got 'shuffled' we would just re-align the symbolology to the new. Although what I sum up in one sentence would actually take years of arguing and confusion among people, elements and gods! Simples!
"I knows all about folk songs. Hah! You think you're listenin' to a nice song about- about cuckoos and fiddlers and nightingales and whatnot, and then it turns out to be about - about something else entirely. You can't trust folk songs. They always sneak up on you." - E. Weatherwax

A hidden connection is stronger than an overt connection.

Return to “The Shamanic Druid”