FAQs about the Discussion Forums

How to gain access and other information
Selene
OBOD Druid

FAQs about the Discussion Forums

Post by Selene »

Q. Why is the site no longer open to the public?
A. Participation by non-OBOD members was very low and the forum had become an attractive target for spammers. In order to be able to maintain the site as a safe and useful resource for our members, it was decided to restrict access from the general public and from search engines.

Q. I'm an OBOD member and I know I registered an account a while back, but I can't log in.
A. A number of inactive accounts have been deleted. If you:
  1. Haven't logged in since November 2016 AND
  2. never posted or made only one post, THEN
you'll need to register a new account to get back on the forums. Follow the procedure outlined in About the Discussion Forums. If you don't have the access word that now is provided with your first set of gwersi (in the cover letter), write administrators@druidry.org for an alternate word, then follow the aforementioned procedure.

Q. I forgot my password and can't get the reset link to work.
A. That's an unfortunate intermittent problem. If the reset link doesn't work for you, write administrators@druidry.org and request a temporary password to use so you can log in and reset it through your profile. Be sure to specify your username, because it won't show in your email and we need it to find your account.

Q. How long does it take for my access request to be processed? I sent it in but haven't heard anything.
A. Generally, we process requests within a few days. Occasionally it may be longer because the volunteers here aren't always able to work on the forum every day; depending on how crazy their lives are at the moment, it may take over a week. It's also possible that your email went astray. It doesn't happen frequently, but it has happened and it could happen again. Please treat us as you would your mentor: expect your request to be processed within a maximum of two weeks and if you haven't heard anything by then, please write again.

Q. Help! I can't log in!
A. If you've been logging in regularly and this is a new problem, it's probably that the IT folks are doing some maintenance on the software and the issue will resolve itself shortly; just try again a bit later. If the problem persists, or it's been a long time since you tried to log in, please send an email to administrators@druidry.org and describe whatever error message you're getting. Be sure to include your username so we can check your account.

Q. Help! I didn't receive an activation link!
A. If you've checked your spam filter and didn't find it there, just go ahead and write for access to your grade forum as per the instructions in the cover letter that came with your first pack of gwersi. The gatekeeper will activate your account when you're added to your group.

This list is a work in progress. If you have other questions, please write administrators@druidry.org (specify your username!) and ask. I'll answer as soon as possible.
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making a few more."