Healing for the Gulf of Mexico - PLEASE READ!!!!

Discuss and share stories and pictures, ask questions, seek and share knowledge about your animal companions and wildlife.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
emmao1111

Healing for the Gulf of Mexico - PLEASE READ!!!!

Postby emmao1111 » 24 Jun 2010, 19:14

The following is an excerpt from my friend's blog. It's going to take a few minutes to read but i'd urge you to do so. I have made my prayer flags from lengths of ribbon and instead of brooches I have written the names of everything I can think of along their length.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Prayer for the Gulf - let's perform a miracle.

Today I got caught up into one of those pointless spirals of ego-crap and gloom, and wasted hours on negative thoughts. Then I went for a walk by the sea, and saw a dophin - not leaping from the water, but swimming slowly, playing hard to get, with only its dorsal fin showing. It was as if it was just showing me a glimpse of itself. When I got back I read the following on my friend Robyn's blog

`....the following was taken from Godlike Productions, something I stumbled across while searching for info about the Gulf [I don't normally post things like this, but I feel so strongly about what I read.. we CAN do something....
'We do Know that prayer works and when 1 or more are joined it is stronger. May we use all the ways we can be helpful to help heal the earth and us.'
Dr. Masaru Emoto is the scientist from Japan who has done all the research and publications about the characteristics of water. Among other things, his research revealed that water physically responds to emotions. Dr. Emoto did experiments where words like love and joy were written on bottles of water and other words like hate and anger were written on others. The bottles of water with kind words formed crystals while the bottles with angry words did not. What does it mean? I believe it means that rocks and trees... and even the water out at sea responds to our intentions... Many people have the predominantly angry emotion when we consider what is happening in the Gulf. And while justified in that emotion, we may be of greater assistance to our planet and its life forms if we sincerely, powerfully and humbly pray the prayer that Dr. Emoto, himself, has proposed. I am passing this request to people I believe may be willing to participate in this prayer, to set an intention of love and healing that is so large, so overwhelming that we can perform a miracle in the Gulf of Mexico.
We are not powerless. We are powerful.

Our united energy, speaking this prayer daily...multiple times daily...can literally shift the balance of destruction that is happening.We don't have to know how...we just have to recognize that the power of love is greater than any other power active in the Universe today. Prayer for Gulf ~ A beautiful, meaningful prayer from Godlike Productions:

"I send the energy of love and gratitude to the waters and all living creatures in the Gulf of Mexico and its surroundings. To the whales, dolphins, pelicans, fish, shellfish, planktons, corals, algae ... to ALL living creatures ... I am sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you. I Love You."

Please join me in often repeating this Healing Prayer by Dr. Emoto's. Feel free to send it around the planet [post this on your own blog if you wish]. Lets take charge ... and do our own clean up.'

I thought this was a very special idea. Robyn is also making a string of seven prayer flags, each with an animal on it. So I have made my own version, with ribbons in fresh, clean sea colours, and two little brooches hung on it - one of a dolphin and one of a puffin. The metal tag reads `with love' - Robyn sent it to me, along with a very special gift, so now I am sending the love on, to all the creatures in the Gulf. When the wind blows my prayer flag makes a tinkling noise, and the wind sends the prayer flying across the world. PASS IT ON.

Dendrias

Re: Healing for the Gulf of Mexico - PLEASE READ!!!!

Postby Dendrias » 24 Jun 2010, 19:44

This might sound like an advertisement for a certain website. The internested layers of "I read on a blog" might seem to point at a spam-text.

But, as HinduDruid has posted this thing before and because it don't see it as an indecent proposition, I'll try it. Of course, if You allow me to change the words (not the meaning), at least into German. :D

Good luck in the future.

emmao1111

Postby emmao1111 » 24 Jun 2010, 20:42

No, this really is an excerpt from a friend's blog! Her name is Ruth Snowden. She is an author and wise woman. You may read her blog yourself at
www.wisewomanjournal.blogspot.com

I think this message should be passed along in any way we can and if you need to change it to something that sits well with you then great - I guess the intention will be the stronger for it.

Best wishes and thank you for trying it. Even small things can be great when the meaning is so powerful.

Dendrias

Postby Dendrias » 24 Jun 2010, 21:06

Of course. I didn't want to disrate Your post. I'm sorry if I seemed to try to.

emmao1111

Postby emmao1111 » 24 Jun 2010, 21:18

Not at all !

If you were thinking it someone else may have done too so best to explain. I have certianly re worded the prayer part - and at times just visualise the health of the area. As with all things it's the intention that is the important bit.

I have spent the afternoon making beautiful prayer flags with my children. We gathered lengths of ribbon and tied them at the top. I have written the names of all sorts of plants, animals and other marine life, e.g dolphins, plankton, fish, birds etc along the length of each ribbon. My children drew pictures of happy birds and fish and they are attached by a ribbon too. I have hung them on the apple tree in my garden with the intent that as the fruit grows so may the healing become more and more powerful.

They look so beautiful you can almost see the magic being carried off in the wind!

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Postby Dryadia2 » 24 Jun 2010, 22:33

I have read Dr. Masaru Emoto's work with water, a few years back, about positive thoughts relating to healing. Here is the link to his response to the Gulf Oil spill:
http://www.masaru-emoto.net/english/dr. ... age_2.html

The Prayer is at the bottom of the page.

:dryadia: /|\
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than any city on earth - Steve McQueen

emmao1111

Postby emmao1111 » 24 Jun 2010, 22:56

Thank you for the link. I had never seen any of his work until I saw it on Ruth's blog but I am fascinated by it. I will have a good read around the site. x

Dendrias

Postby Dendrias » 30 Jun 2010, 20:10

Since my last post, I at least once a day did what You proposed.

emmao1111

Postby emmao1111 » 30 Jun 2010, 20:20

Wonderful! If we all sent healing energies in addition to all the practical work that is being done imagine the change we could make. My prayer flags are still blowing in the wind too. Thank you for taking the time to update us. Love and blessings to you.x

Dendrias

Postby Dendrias » 30 Jun 2010, 21:36

My pleasure, but, to be honest, I don't think that what I do while brushing teeth is not so important to let everybody know. I wanted to give You, emmao1111, assurance that the seed You sowed has some roots.
Is there something to do on top of a prayer. I mean, does the water know what to do, or do I have to do an invocation, meditation or visualisation of any kind?

emmao1111

Postby emmao1111 » 30 Jun 2010, 21:45

I have been vsiualising the pollution blowing away like black smoke and then getting smaller and smaller in the sky until it disappears with a little "poof". Whatever works for you. I don't think there are rights and wrongs in these things. I just imagined my black smoke shrinking as I didn't want to think of it just blowing away where it might affect somewhere else.

Dendrias

Postby Dendrias » 30 Jun 2010, 21:47

Okay. I'll try that.
:)

Nightfalls
OBOD Bard

Postby Nightfalls » 02 Jul 2010, 05:32

we are not the only ones sending that energy.

http://www.handsacrossthesand.com/
Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole
I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance, I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears, Looms but the Horror of the shade
And yet the menace of the years Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll
I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.

emmao1111

Postby emmao1111 » 02 Jul 2010, 08:14

FAB! :grin:

Return to “All Creatures Great and Small”