Crow the bringer of gifts

Discuss and share stories and pictures, ask questions, seek and share knowledge about your animal companions and wildlife.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Crow the bringer of gifts

Postby DaRC » 10 Mar 2015, 12:28

An interesting article on the BBC website about Crow friends and the gifts they bring
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-31795681
Most dear is fire to the sons of men,
most sweet the sight of the sun;
good is health if one can but keep it,
and to live a life without shame. (Havamal 68)
http://gewessiman.blogspot.co.uk Image

soulinchains
OBOD Bard

Re: Crow the bringer of gifts

Postby soulinchains » 18 Mar 2015, 05:45

I really loved this story :yay:

Coillte

Postby Coillte » 15 Jul 2015, 13:59

This has made my day! Wonderful!
"Glaine Ár gCroí, Neart Ár nGéag Is Beart Dá Réir Ár mBriathar"

GrayFire

Postby GrayFire » 15 Sep 2015, 19:03

Hello to all, I just wanted to say that I read the article about the crows and absolutely loved it. Actually, my profile photo is a crow with a broken wing that came to me in a bit of an ironic manner, and he was receiving his first bath after coming into my care. I have tended and still do continue to have a wide variety of "wild" animals that attach to me and some are Spirit Guides.

I have even had dragonflies that literally copied every exact movement I would make as they were perched on a fence wire in my backyard. I even asked a couple of them if they would be willing to please lift up their front-most right leg for me as high as they could lift it, then hold that certain pose for a few seconds, and then make a waving motion at me. As crazy as this would sound to people who think such things are nothing but "hogwash", I assure that this occurrence did in fact happen.

Besides the dragonflies, I have had many similar occurrences with many various animals; too many to even attempt to go into all the details in this post right now. I will say though, that when I truly pause to ponder on all of it, it could blow my mind, if not for the fact that I have long ago already grown so used to it to the point that it is very commom-place for myself. I still hope and set my intentions that I never become so used to it being my own "normal", that I should ever, ever take it for granted.

Anyhow, crows in specific, along with bats have always, since my very early childhood have been animals that I have never once lost my deep sense of connection with. Bat is my main animal guide/totem since as far back as I can remember.

Well, I will close out this particular response for now, and as always, thanks for reading
Though this is Our Funeral Pyre
We can walk right on through this Fire
Cleansed and New We'll reach that Distant Shore
Where We won't have to cry anymore
Don't fear this Fire's Flames
They will carry Us to the Place We know Our True Names...GrayFire

Acacia
OBOD Ovate

Postby Acacia » 17 Sep 2015, 05:23

What a lovely story. I so enjoyed reading it and thanks for sharing. :)
"Trees are sanctuaries.
Whoever knows how to speak to them
Whoever knows how to listen to them
Can learn the truth."

Hermann Hesse.

Meristem

Postby Meristem » 18 Sep 2015, 02:58

I love Crows! There is a large family of Crows that lives on my street, and I enjoy watching the young ones find their wings every year.

Return to “All Creatures Great and Small”