INTRoDucTIONS: How old are you and where do you live...?

Herein are contained classic stories and other timeless threads penned by patrons of the Druid's Head Pub. To suggest additions, please contact the Moderator.
mychael
OBOD Bard

Re: INTRoDucTIONS: How old are you and where do you live...?

Post by mychael » 04 Oct 2007, 15:23

Howdy and welcome to the new folks!

I'm a little behind due to chasing a deadline, but trying to catch up now. :)
::Mychael::

RedBeth

Post by RedBeth » 04 Oct 2007, 16:43

Hello! To answer the question, I'm 41 and live in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA. :hiya:

I first started walking the Druid path with Keltria, and then decided to study OBOD six years ago, I received the introductory packet, but never seemed to have enough money tucked away to enroll in the Bardic Grade. For a while I played with the Wiccans, but it never quite fit right. So I decided to jump in and pay as I go with the spiffy new payment options. I'm eagerly awaiting my training materials. I feel like I'm coming home after a long journey.
Beth Hansen-Buth
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reiki, Intuitive Readings, Art
"All that we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
~ J. R. R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973), The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Post by Dryadia2 » 04 Oct 2007, 22:32

Greetings and Welcome to:

Lillibud
6 Haunted Days
RedBeth

Please gather-round and find a comfy seat.
Sit back, relax, and enjoy your stay!

Peace and Blessings,
:dryadia: /|\
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than any city on earth - Steve McQueen

Seeker
OBOD Druid

Post by Seeker » 04 Oct 2007, 23:59

Pssst...I see new people! :wow:
Welcome Lillibud, 6 Haunted Days and RedBeth... :tiphat:
"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought."
Matsuo Basho

Seancha
OBOD Bard

Post by Seancha » 05 Oct 2007, 00:51

I see them, too!! And they are most welcome in this family........Seancha
With the blessings of Mother Danu and Eochaid, the wise One

Celtic3Horse

Post by Celtic3Horse » 07 Oct 2007, 16:58

In my mid forties, I am a daughter, student, teacher, lover/wife and mother who has been wandering down the path to my spiritual center for a number of years to reach this proverbial fork in the road. I am also a very private person and indulge in quite a bit of introspection; therefore, I understand fairly well who I am, what I believe, and am content with it. However, I also have a deep sense of something missing. From what I have read on this board over the past few days, Druidry may be the fork I am meant to take.

To provide a little background, I have been very fortunate to have spent the majority of my years, with the exception of newlywed apartment dwelling, on wooded land (currently on 10+ acres of wooded paradise in Virginia, USA.) From the time I could toddle, I was a child of the forest. It was probably inevitable I would began to question Christian teachings around the age of 10 during religious classes in preparation for First Holy Communion (Catholic Church.) Years of parochial school theology classes firmed the belief that the patriarchal religions held no “truth” for me. Later, college classes in logic, comparative religion and cultural anthropology opened new pathways on my journey to spiritual awareness. I have already read many books on religion and mythology from authors ranging from Susan Monk Kidd (BTW, I recommend The Dance of the Dissident Daughter: A Woman's Journey from Christian Tradition to the Sacred Feminine), Starhawk, Scott Cunningham, Joseph Campbell, Sir James George Fraser, Carl Jung and Bertrand Russell, though I somehow missed the Druid authors. I plan to order the Introductory package and a book or two to make up for that now. ;) To a more limited extent, I have also researched Islam and Buddhism. While there are many commonalties among the recognized religions, including Wicca, nothing from my reading and research has quite “clicked” until now, though Buddhism was somewhat close.

I do believe there is a perfect grand design and I should work within it; I am also of this Earth, and do not seek to rise above earthly things. I don’t believe in a creator per se, but I do believe that there is a “life force” or “universal energy” if you will, which is part of everything and connects all things. Everyone is more or less aware of this energy and based upon their own experiences, indoctrination or training, may recognize it as “accepting Jesus in your heart,” the God/Goddess or any number of deities or aspects of deity. Through yoga (meditation and chakra work) I know this energy as I have felt it within myself - raised it, grounded it, concentrated it and dispersed it. It is completely benign, neither positive nor negative, but I believe it can be split into either or misdirected and therefore do not otherwise “mess with it.” I have felt it in others, places and things, through empathy or “vibes.”

While I do not pretend to know what happens after death, I am not afraid of it and therefore don’t worry about it. I’ve seen quite a bit of death during my life; the only thing that bothers me is the suffering of those left behind. I do not discount reincarnation or “heaven” but I don’t live my life as if I have to earn either – though I do try to live in such a way that civilized people should just because we all share this very small place called Earth. The ethics of Druidry make perfect sense to me and I am very happy to have found this place.

~ Celtic3Horse

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you ha[ve] the time of your life…

~ Greenday

Seeker
OBOD Druid

Post by Seeker » 07 Oct 2007, 18:08

You are certainly welcome here, Celtic3Horse...
"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought."
Matsuo Basho

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Post by Dryadia2 » 08 Oct 2007, 16:46

Greetings and Welcome Celtic3Horse!

May you find here that which you seek.
Feel free to ask questions, if you wish.
Pull up a log, and enjoy your stay!

Peace and Blessings,
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than any city on earth - Steve McQueen

Ainevar

Post by Ainevar » 09 Oct 2007, 22:40

I'm Ainevar
I have been on the sight for a while and most every body knows me but hey it's nice to meet new blood.. I mean newbies. Well I'm 19 and am a college student and like to be outside. I do have some liking for computers because I am making friends I would not have with out the dumb computer. Have a good day.

Fiach MacMara
OBOD Bard

Post by Fiach MacMara » 10 Oct 2007, 02:09

Welcome to all the new folks :)
By wind and willow,

Fiach

https://americandruid.wordpress.com/

DruidChandler

Post by DruidChandler » 13 Oct 2007, 17:48

I will be 30 next month and I live in Indianapolis, Indiana. My name is Michael and started the Bardic course last year, but still finding it hard to find the time to get away and study.

I would like to know others in the US that are studying and have the same interest. Please drop me a line sometime.
druidchandler@yahoo.com

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Post by Dryadia2 » 13 Oct 2007, 22:08

Greetings and Welcome DruidChandler!
Make yourself comfy, and enjoy your stay!Image

Peace and Blessings,

Marrek

Post by Marrek » 13 Oct 2007, 22:15

I'm 22 and I live in Middletown, PA

I'm a student at Penn State Harrisburg for Computer Science. While I'm not exactly "on" the Druidic path, I consider myself to be a person with a close relationship to nature. I lurk here quite often, and enjoy the company and wisdom of the Druids.

Seeker
OBOD Druid

Post by Seeker » 13 Oct 2007, 22:19

A warm welcome to both DruidChandler and Marrek... :tiphat:
Matsuo Basho

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Post by Dryadia2 » 14 Oct 2007, 18:17

Greetings and Welcome Marrek!

Kick back, relax, have a look around, and enjoy your stay!

Peace and Blessings,

Wolfie48

Post by Wolfie48 » 15 Oct 2007, 07:19

I am 18 and I live in Indiana, USA. I am currently here because I am trying to learn more about Druidism because i feel that it may be for me. I love nature and am considered very nature friendly by my family and friends. I was raised in a Christian family, but I myself am not completely for sure what I wish to believe is out there. I believe there is something, but i am unsure what or how many, if more than one. But I have always looked upon nature as a comfort.

I also have someone that I love dearly and she is also interested in Druidism. Hopefully within a few years we can consider ourselves a Druidic couple that may live happily together.

I truly hope that Druidism is for me because i feel that i may be able to fit here nicely. :D

--Wolfie48
The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act....Plainly the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of liberty.
--Abraham Lincoln

Seancha
OBOD Bard

Post by Seancha » 15 Oct 2007, 12:47

Welcome Wolfie to this place, a place of warmth, wisdom, frivolity, and, hopefully, enlightenment. If you still have Christian tendencies, or just curious, I'd suggest checking out the Christian Druid forum in the Druid Living section. If that is for you, check with a moderator.
With the blessings of Mother Danu and Eochaid, the wise One

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Post by Dryadia2 » 15 Oct 2007, 16:19

Greetings and Welcome Wolfie48!

Take your time, relax, and enjoy your stay.
May you find here, that which you seek.
Questions are always welcome. :wink:

Peace and Blessings,

Ainevar

Post by Ainevar » 16 Oct 2007, 00:08

Welcome and hey just feel at home.

Bheith
OBOD Bard

Post by Bheith » 21 Oct 2007, 21:52

Hello all, I'm 36 a live in eastern Canada. I am seeking to become a druid, but as of yet have not taken the steps to start (which I am now beginning).

I have researched my ancestry, and I know of my Irish Celtic roots both from my human tree and of my link to the old Mythology, being a decendant of the Tuatha de Danaan, so now I seek the knowledge to move forward a to seek to become a teacher of the Celts.

Is a pleasure to find a site that brings people together and allows the sharing of the old.

Return to “The Attic”