INTRoDucTIONS: How old are you and where do you live...?

Herein are contained classic stories and other timeless threads penned by patrons of the Druid's Head Pub. To suggest additions, please contact the Moderator.
Seancha
OBOD Bard

Re: INTRoDucTIONS: How old are you and where do you live...?

Post by Seancha » 28 Oct 2007, 14:31

I, too, wish you well, and an enlightening stay with us here. As you say, the veil is thinning because of Samhain but maybe something more, maybe something for you. The Gods of olde are 'actively' seeking people who can/are interested in returning to the old ways in a new format...maybe it'll be you, too. Irregardless, hope you have a blessed time with us..............Seancha
With the blessings of Mother Danu and Eochaid, the wise One

MezzanineRex

Post by MezzanineRex » 28 Oct 2007, 21:58

Hi all - just posted elsewhere so here's a quick intro

I am 12 days away from turning 30, 12 days past my one-month wedding anniversary and having a gorgeous autumn in Minneapolis, MN, USA. I'm a librarian for an awesome university. I've been a free-form independent pagan-y thing for nearly 15 years.

The first bit of the Bardic course should be arriving in my mailbox any day now, so hopefully I'll be jumping into those forum discussions soon.
*M*

Trees I have known: Silver maple, American Elm, Paper birch, Honeylocust, Apple, Catalpa,
Norway spruce, Bur oak, White oak, Willow (many), Boxelder, Sumac, American ash, Eastern red cedar

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Post by Dryadia2 » 28 Oct 2007, 22:40

Greetings and Welcome MezzanineRex!
Come warm yourself by the fire :fire:, relax, and enjoy your stay!

Peace and Blessings,
:dryadia: /|\Image
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than any city on earth - Steve McQueen

Seeker
OBOD Druid

Post by Seeker » 28 Oct 2007, 23:41

Welcome MezzanineRex...
"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought."
Matsuo Basho

Seancha
OBOD Bard

Post by Seancha » 29 Oct 2007, 13:05

Welcome 'M' to your new family. It's a fairly diverse bunch, I'm sure you'll find anything you want here..........Seancha

Gyrtrash

Post by Gyrtrash » 29 Oct 2007, 15:43

Hello everyone!

I'll just do the quick intro' thing, then I can start looking around the forum! :)

I'm 38, self-employed in the gardening trade and I live in Yorkshire, England.
Recently, I feel like I'm starting to take on a more 'celtic' or druidic emphasis to the spiritual side of my life (which was my 'path' in my 'teens/early twenties). It's a bit like coming full-circle. But it feels very good, and right, so I'll just go along with it :grin: Maybe I've learnt a little in the years between that'll help me?!
The correspondence course looks really interesting and well presented, so I'm just deciding whether to get the 'starter' pack, or just sign-up and get on with it!

Thanks for reading!

See you around the message boards :D

Cheers
Gyrtrash

Crow
OBOD Druid

Post by Crow » 29 Oct 2007, 16:47

Welcome, Gyrtash, glad to have you here! If you think of any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We likely won't know the answers either, but we'll enjoy looking along with you!

:crow:
“You can't study the darkness by flooding it with light.” ~ Edward Abbey

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Post by Dryadia2 » 29 Oct 2007, 16:59

Greetings and Welcome Gyrtrash!
Sit back, relax, have a look around, and enjoy your stay!Image

Peace and Blessings,
:dryadia: /|\
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than any city on earth - Steve McQueen

Lapis Lazuli

Post by Lapis Lazuli » 30 Oct 2007, 11:26

I'm Lapis Lazuli, 16 years old, from the south of Holland, Breda (actually, beneath Breda, but the village where I live is too small to know). I came here because I wanted to get to know more druids (okay, bards, ovates, druids and people who are interested in druidry). I'm not an OBOD member, nor bard, ovate, druid (duh).
Novas portas pandimus et post nos occludimus (Epica)

Seancha
OBOD Bard

Post by Seancha » 30 Oct 2007, 11:42

Welcome Lapis Lazuli: I'm sure you'll meet plenty of friendly folks here, they'll be happy to share their story as well as hear yours. Enjoy, and be blessed.
ps. Interesting name...how did you choose it? ........Seancha

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Post by Dryadia2 » 30 Oct 2007, 14:39

Greetings and Welcome, Lapis Lazuli!Image
Find a comfy place to sit, and join us 'round the fire :fire:.

Peace and Blessings,

katsu
OBOD Druid

Post by katsu » 30 Oct 2007, 19:08

Lapis Lazuli wrote:I'm Lapis Lazuli, 16 years old, from the south of Holland, Breda (actually, beneath Breda, but the village where I live is too small to know).
Try me :grin:
A heartfelt welcome from Breda :shake:

Lapis Lazuli

Post by Lapis Lazuli » 31 Oct 2007, 10:10

@Seancha: Thank you. I came on "Lapis Lazuli" because I needed a nickname (duh) but I didn't knew what to choose. I was working with my zodiac sign, just to discover some things, and I saw Lapis Lazuli at "Stones & Staggitaurus" and I really like the stone, it's blue, it just likes lik heaven, and the things which it is good for: friendship, skin diseases. It is just "me".
@Drydia: Thank you.
@Katsu: Thank you. Are you serious coming from Breda? :huh: Really? Well, maybe it is nice to meet each oter. PM me if your interested.

Lily Fayline

Post by Lily Fayline » 31 Oct 2007, 17:29

And yet another newbie post...
I discovered that I felt drawn to the Druid tradition after I read The Druid Way by Philip Carr-Gomm. I don't really have the time yet to delve into it deeply, but thought the forums were a good first step.
I am from The Netherlands too, I live in the Hague, and am 32 years old.
My nick is a combination of my cats, past and present (they were supposed to grow old together, but it wasn't to be).

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Post by Dryadia2 » 31 Oct 2007, 22:55

Greetings and Welcome Lily Fayline!

May you find here, that which you seek.
Make yourself comfy, and enjoy your stay!

Peace and Blessings,
:dryadia: /|\Image

Lapis Lazuli

Post by Lapis Lazuli » 01 Nov 2007, 10:36

Welcome!

FoKitty

Post by FoKitty » 02 Nov 2007, 13:51

Hey everybody! :yay: My name is Forest and I'm 22 years old. I have an amazing boyfriend that I'm living with near the university we both go to. I'm currently living in Florida and go to UF, but really miss my home back in Zurich (Switzerland) and Vienna (Austria). Florida in compared to the heart of Europe isn't as bound to nature as I'm used to. Yes, there are swamps here and palm trees, but I miss the big beautiful forests and woods, the mountains, the snow... It's at times difficult to notice Nature here and have a sense of her watching over you. That's why I returned to the board (I used to have an account a while ago..). I also got a little basil plant I take care of. At least some greenery in my life :) Happy to meet you all! Feel like such a noobie, hehe :where:
"The spiritually mature human being lets all things come and go without effort, without desire for any foreseen result, carried along on the current of a vast intelligence." - Tao Teaching

/ | \

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Post by Dryadia2 » 02 Nov 2007, 17:12

Greetings and Welcome FoKitty!

Come warm yourself by the fire :warm: , get cozy, and relax.
Have a look around, and enjoy your stay!

Peace and Blessings,

dragonblossom

Post by dragonblossom » 03 Nov 2007, 07:23

Hello everyone one. I am 26 and am approx. 2 months away from my 27th birthday. I've been interested in Druidry since I read "The Mists of Avalon" in high school. I live in Georgia, USA and it's been difficult to do any sort of practice or growth due to the religious atmosphere of the state.

As I was reorganizing my bookmarks I rediscovered this website and decided to join up. I may look into the courses but I'm not sure right now.

I really want to find a mentor or teacher who could help guide me. I've read some books and done some research but it's hard trying to find a beginning and to know if what I'm doing is right or not.

I'm in a moment of my life that's very stressful and I really want ot find some hope and light to help me. I won't go into details here, but I'll say my life has been very difficult these past two years and I've had a lot of questions.

Any suggestions on where to start or if anyone would like to give me some pointers, I would be most grateful.

With many thanks,
dragonblossom

Celtic3Horse

Post by Celtic3Horse » 03 Nov 2007, 12:26

dragonblossom wrote:I live in Georgia, USA and it's been difficult to do any sort of practice or growth due to the religious atmosphere of the state.

I really want to find a mentor or teacher who could help guide me. I've read some books and done some research but it's hard trying to find a beginning and to know if what I'm doing is right or not.

I'm in a moment of my life that's very stressful and I really want ot find some hope and light to help me. I won't go into details here, but I'll say my life has been very difficult these past two years and I've had a lot of questions.

Any suggestions on where to start or if anyone would like to give me some pointers, I would be most grateful.

With many thanks,
dragonblossom
Greetings dragonblossom:

I too am located in a part of the US "bible belt" The links page of the OBOD main page has a lot of helpful information, but unfortunately there does not appear to be seed group or grove in or near Georgia. You could try the AODA (Ancient Order of Druids in America) but it's not the same as OBOD.

I've already rec'd the OBOD Intro package and plan to take the course as well. However, if you want to find a simple start before moving into the classes, may I recommend the book "Kindling the Celtic Spirit" by Mara Freeman. You may even find it at your local library...I did :huh: :D Anyway, it provides many simple general exercises that you may find useful at this time. *** Warning *** it also contains some really yummy recipes too!

Return to “The Attic”