INTRoDucTIONS: How old are you and where do you live...?

Herein are contained classic stories and other timeless threads penned by patrons of the Druid's Head Pub. To suggest additions, please contact the Moderator.
Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Re: INTRoDucTIONS: How old are you and where do you live...?

Post by Dryadia2 » 03 Nov 2007, 18:14

Greetings and Welcome Dragonblossom!

There are plenty of interesting forums here, to keep you busy for awhile. :wink:
So pull up a logImage, and enjoy your stay!

Peace and Blessings,
:dryadia: /|\
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than any city on earth - Steve McQueen

dragonblossom

Post by dragonblossom » 03 Nov 2007, 19:00

Greetings dragonblossom:

I too am located in a part of the US "bible belt" The links page of the OBOD main page has a lot of helpful information, but unfortunately there does not appear to be seed group or grove in or near Georgia. You could try the AODA (Ancient Order of Druids in America) but it's not the same as OBOD.

I've already rec'd the OBOD Intro package and plan to take the course as well. However, if you want to find a simple start before moving into the classes, may I recommend the book "Kindling the Celtic Spirit" by Mara Freeman. You may even find it at your local library...I did :huh: :D Anyway, it provides many simple general exercises that you may find useful at this time. *** Warning *** it also contains some really yummy recipes too!
Thanks Celtic Horse!

I'll definitely jot that down and see if one of my libraries does. I'll also search for AODA and learn about them as well. I have a couple of books but they're more just information than actual exercises or lessons.

@Draydia2 Thank you for your warm greetings. I am definitely going to be browsing the boards from sometime to come! :D

youngvate

Re:

Post by youngvate » 10 Nov 2007, 02:44

Kithanda wrote:Although not especially new here, I thought I would introduce myself.

I used to be on the boards before my move out west, but that was about a year and a half ago. Having forgotten the name and password I had used prior to the move, I decided to go ahead and start fresh.

A fresh start on the boards, to go along with the changes that has ultimatly happened with this move.

I am 27 years old and I live in Central Washington State, USA. Opposite side of the Cascade Mountains than Seattle, so I don't get all that rain. Beautiful land with a National Forest as a neighbor, litterally, the land I live on borders one.

I've been interested in Druidry most of my life. Despite the books I've read, discussions I've particpated in in the past..  I have not truely taken the length of time to live it. I hope to change that.
I live uncannily close, on the other side of the cascades.
I am not afraid of death, i welcome it. it is the phsical and emotion PAIN that scares me.
the only thing worse is eternal life.

Every one is the same, and every one is different. think of us how you want to. but the basic nature of people is same. through race, through cluture, through opinion, through beleif, though currency. and the only way people should be juged is by skill. and you can get what you want out of people by putting a quarter or 2 into the coin slot.

dont knock at deaths door; ring the door bell and run (he hates that)

you cant solve a problem with murderers by becomeing one. or as i would wish to scream at my older brother:
" you should find a way to deal with '@#$% heads' without being a @#$% head!!!!!!!"

Atraue

Post by Atraue » 12 Nov 2007, 16:50

Hi everyone, My real names Lee and I'm 34 years old, I came here in search of people with beliefs like my own and was shocked to find I'm not alone with them. I live in the UK near a place called Doncaster, Pretty boring place to live, but I'm surrounded by rolling hills and vast area's or woodland, so I'm always surrounded my nature. I'm a shy kinda guy, but I feel comfortable talking here.. So don't be surprised if you see me posting in your thread and I look forward to getting to know you all. :hiya:
Life's like a box of chocolates, when u find one that you like, someone else jumps in and takes the last one!

Earthwoman
OBOD Ovate

Post by Earthwoman » 13 Nov 2007, 11:22

Greetings and welcome, Atraue: it's good to see you here. :)

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Post by Dryadia2 » 13 Nov 2007, 15:47

Greetings and Welcome Atraue!

May you find here, that which you seek!
Make yourself comfortable, and enjoy your stay!

Peace and Blessings,
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than any city on earth - Steve McQueen

Maethydd
OBOD Bard

Post by Maethydd » 14 Nov 2007, 14:59

Hullo Everyone! I'm new here, yet have been browsing the website/message boards for some time now. I'm 16 and from Hastings, down by the coast. I've been interested in Druidry since I was a small lad, running about my locals woods in fascination, enjoying just being in the presence of the trees! I have been exceedingly interested and.. re-assured that there are others that have the same kind of thoughts as me since I read "Druid Mysteries" and was directed to this site A few months ago. I've recently received the Intro' package and was impressed and inspired to take the full course, Of which I'll hopefully do soon!

Many thanks,
Maethydd.
Thanks And Blessings,

Maethydd.

Atraue

Post by Atraue » 14 Nov 2007, 17:45

Hi Maethydd welcome :)
Life's like a box of chocolates, when u find one that you like, someone else jumps in and takes the last one!

Earthwoman
OBOD Ovate

Post by Earthwoman » 15 Nov 2007, 12:41

Greetings and welcome, Maethydd: I hope you enjoy your stay here. :)

Blessings,

Earthwoman

Bracken
OBOD Druid

Post by Bracken » 15 Nov 2007, 13:21

Welcome, Maethydd.

Maethydd
OBOD Bard

Post by Maethydd » 15 Nov 2007, 14:07

Thank you all for the welcome!

Maethydd
Thanks And Blessings,

Maethydd.

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Post by Dryadia2 » 16 Nov 2007, 19:58

Greetings and Welcome Maethydd!

Come sit by the fire :fire: , and get warm and comfy. :warm:
I hope you enjoy your stay!

Peace and Blessings,

Dixyane
OBOD Bard

Post by Dixyane » 18 Nov 2007, 18:24

Merry Meet Everyone, :hiya:

I’m Dixyane, 32 y.o. and live now in Dublin, but I’m Swiss and French.

I started to study Bards autumn 2006, but since February I’m delay with reading the gwers. :oops:
My live have radically changed, when I have one more time follow my intuition and moved to Ireland last May.
Now, I think that I can continue and as an eclectic pagan since about 13 year, the exercises aren’t really difficult, someone’s I know already and the other are easy to realise. I have the habitude of meditation and go oft to my “private place”. But the Bards gwers still very interesting and hope soon to go over Ovats (where I think I will once more enjoy, as I understand it will be more about health and as reiki master that should really captivate me)

I try the most of time to follow my intuition and to stay connected with the life web. To recognise the coincidence how show me the path that I should take. Not all time easy, the “Deities, Awen or how you want to call it” use sometime very strange sing and messenger.

As OBOD is international, I would also inform that I’m speak French, German, Norwegian and also a little Russian (sorry I haven’t Cyrillic on my computer) and would also enjoy communicating with persons from this languages.

Blessed Be

Dixyane :uni:
Listing to your intuition, there is the Awen who talk to you.

Maethydd
OBOD Bard

Post by Maethydd » 18 Nov 2007, 19:55

Hello Dixyane and welcome!
Thanks And Blessings,

Maethydd.

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Post by Dryadia2 » 18 Nov 2007, 20:39

Greetings and Welcome Dixyane!
ImageImage
Enjoy your stay!

Peace and Blessings,

Tuar_Ceatha

Post by Tuar_Ceatha » 19 Nov 2007, 04:30

Hi,

New to the board, hoping to get in touch with others from Colorado. I've been considering joining for a while, but I want to make sure that I have the time to make the commitment.

I tried to take a look at the seed group forum to see if there were any local to me but I guess I don't have the right permissions.

Good to be here though!

Tuar Ceatha

Lapis Lazuli

Post by Lapis Lazuli » 19 Nov 2007, 08:51

Welcome!
Novas portas pandimus et post nos occludimus (Epica)

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Post by Dryadia2 » 19 Nov 2007, 14:27

Greetings and Welcome Tuar Ceatha!

Sit back, relax, and enjoy your stay!
Feel free to ask questions, if you wish.

Peace and Blessings,

Tuar_Ceatha

Post by Tuar_Ceatha » 19 Nov 2007, 19:02

Thanks, are there any regional threads? What's the best way to find others in my area?

Blessings,

Tuar Ceatha

Celtic3Horse

Post by Celtic3Horse » 20 Nov 2007, 01:50

Tuar-Ceatha,

There appears to be a seed group in Colorado. Go to the OBOD webpage, click on the Links section and then click the hyperlink for Grove and Seed Group maps (groups without webpages) Select the red dot over North America and then find Colorado to click on the hyperlink to send an email to the closest group.

Website links to other US groups are also on the Links page.

Return to “The Attic”