The Frequency of Life

Herein are contained classic stories and other timeless threads penned by patrons of the Druid's Head Pub. To suggest additions, please contact the Moderator.
Twyrch
OBOD Druid

The Frequency of Life

Postby Twyrch » 26 Sep 2007, 12:35

What if all life operated on a specific frequency? In this discussion, I will be referring to our mind/soul/spirit/consciousness, as our soul, just for simplicity sake...

Just for example, let's use some references from the Bible. God's number is 777.... Satan's number is 666.... Human's number is 333... (Whether you agree with the Bible, believe in God/Satan, is really beside the point... I don't want this thread to get hung-up on that discussion... Please keep reading.)

Using this idea as a basis for discussion, what if those "numbers" represent a frequency that our soul attunes to? For example, when we dream, our soul could become attuned to the 111 frequency and waking visions attuned to the 222 frequency and when we die, our soul could become attuned to the 555 frequency and clearvoiants could be attuned to 444.

When I talk about "Frequency", I'm thinking along the lines of AM radio... There is always some bleed over between stations. In a way, this makes perfect sense to me. It would explain how people like John Edward on Crossing Over, can communicate with those who have passed... or how people see ghosts... Ghosts could be images of individuals who have crossed over, but for some reason, their soul's frequency is bleeding over into our own...

I know it may sound far-fetched, but to me, it makes more sense than anything other suggestion people have come up with to explain the afterlife. I'd like to know your thoughts on this... am I totally insane for even suggesting something like this?
Twyrch  /|\  J. D. Edwards

ImageImageImage

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Lady Nimue
OBOD Ovate
Location: Avalon...upon my Dragon, journeying to Anglesey and the Isle of Merlyn

Re: The Frequency of Life

Postby Lady Nimue » 26 Sep 2007, 14:05

Brilliant Twyrch....this s a subject that I have touched upon before. I have a personal interest in this as I have studied it and I think it is a prime example of science lending to Spirituality.

IMO all things have vibration. These vibrations correspond directly with colour and density of matter. Of course Light and therefore colour's density, for the purpose of this discussion, is minimal. This relates to its speed and vibratory rate.

We know in the visiblecolour spectrum....violet resonates to the highest level, while red to the lowest. Hence, red corresponds with dense matter ( our physical bodies, wood, rock, etc) and our 7th chakra (energy centre) representing the "base self". On the other end of the spectrum, violet....high vibratory level, crown chakra and the Higher self...or the Spiritual realm. In writing this, I want to recognise that some associate White Light with the Crown chakra and violet with the 3rd eye. Regardless, my point is, in relation to communicating beyond this dense, Earth realm.....one must strive to correspond their vibratory rate with that of Spirit's....or to raise it. During meditation, our rate decreases making it necessary for Spirit to lower its vibratory rate in order to communicate with this realm.
Its my opinion that numbers also correspond to certain vibratory rates. We as animals react instinctively to these rates, and therefore assign certain meaning to the numbers, The same can be said for music, which is why certain keys, notes, or rhythms evoke certain responses.
Lady Nimue-
Guardian of "MERLYN'S GROVE AT AVALON GLYN"...... a Certified OBOD Sacred Grove and Certified National Wildlife Refuge.
"I Walk with the Animals"

ImageImageImageImagegive vegitarianism a try!

Twyrch
OBOD Druid

Postby Twyrch » 26 Sep 2007, 14:58

I hadn't considered the connection between vibration and colour, but I do remember reading something about that in a scientific magazine a few years ago.
Its my opinion that numbers also correspond to certain vibratory rates. We as animals react instinctively to these rates, and therefore assign certain meaning to the numbers, The same can be said for music, which is why certain keys, notes, or rhythms evoke certain responses.
I think you are absolutely correct on this point... I know certain music stirs my soul and I have seperated my music into "mood" catagories... depending on my mood or energy I need to release, I will select song from that area on a random rotation.

Thanks for your insights into this subject! :)

ImageImageImage

Cercatore
OBOD Bard

Postby Cercatore » 26 Sep 2007, 17:49

Don't forget overtones. All frequencies have them, if you could hear vibrations at the frequency of red light, and you had a really well trained ear/perfect pitch, you would be able to hear different shades of red in addition to the primary shade. Also, if you're up for some heavier reading, you might be interested in Sympathetic Vibratory Physics, which is a controversial but interesting theory of reality based on vibrations instead of matter.
Image2012ImageMay truth guide, love protect, and hope encourage you until the end of time.

Lora
OBOD Ovate

Postby Lora » 26 Sep 2007, 18:15

Sometimes, I think of the various deities in terms of radio frequencies. More like SW radio than anything else as sometimes the frequency feels stronger in one channel than at other times and then it will fade out for a while then come back. You might have your Apollo station in one frequency, but there's a bit of overlap with the Belenos one and a couple of others. Somewhere else, there's a group of Smith-god stations tightly grouped together - Hephaistos, Goibnu, Wayland. Probably all playing 'metal'. :whistle: Brighid as goddess of the forge isn't so very far away but her other attributes ensure that she's a pretty wide signal with overlaps to others too. They might well be individual in themselves, but there are still frequency overlaps. Most of the time that's a good thing, plenty of choice, but it can get very annoying when you're trying to hear something and suddenly the signal fades and you hear a voice in another language altogether. I have no idea if this makes any sense to others. I have also thought of them in terms of a colour spectrum.

wynyfryd
OBOD Bard

Postby wynyfryd » 26 Sep 2007, 22:18

Twyrch, I've been meaning to delve into a relatively new area of study of vibration and spirit, referred to some as connectedness and the use of "re-connection" techniques sound interesting, at the least. Here's a book on my list to get and read:

http://www.amazon.com/Reconnection-Eric ... 348&sr=8-1

Everything definitely has a physical molecular vibration. Living matter produces even more vibrations and energy. Tapping into this is a possibility that fascinates me. Talk about being connected to the entire Universe! I wonder if one could ever feel alone again?
Wynyfryd<BR>

Florence

Postby Florence » 27 Sep 2007, 01:12

Hi Twirch:
I'll try to answer all your questions as far as I may know about these!!!!!!!
1-The ancient hindus talked about the manifestation and repose periods of the universe. They called "manvantara" the times of manifested creation with "names and forms"(nama rupa).and "pralaya" to the periods when all of the creatures returned to the primal source and stayed in repose until all was set in motion again. They give numbers but I can't remember by heart.......
2-But there's a constant number: 7.....Everything seems to happen 7 times.......and we are according to the Puranas in the middle of one of these "sections" -so to speak- of 7 periods.Let's say more or less 3 and 1/2....What happens after this 7 periods they don't tell.....I guess this is a remnant of some very ancient knowledge that has been partially lost now and as it's incomplete it's not fully understood yet......If we accept the hypothesis of previous advanced cultures in the planet, or the visit of more advanced cultures from space one of these might be the source of information., but the departure of the visitors or the destruction of previous cultures let the "know how" incomplete and half forgotten. And the ordinary people wasn't able to understand anymore so they became "dogmas" or "matters of faith" or were just put aside to concentrate on easier parts of the scriptures........ It's my personal theory please!!!!! :thinking:
3-As to vibrations it is almost accepted scientifically nowadays that all of the universe is matter or energy -they're interchangeable according to Einstein and by the way ancient hindus said the same long before Einstein!!! :applause: -vibrating in different speeds. This would correspond to what the ancient occultists called subtle and/or dense matter.This also opens the door to a possible confirmation (in the facts)of the existence of other dimensions, worlds or whatever you call them.As they are vibrating in a range we can't perceive we don't "register" them with our five senses......A psychic or a sensitive person might "see" or "feel" beings in the other side so to speak because the "seer" or "psychic" is able to register frequencies ordinary persons can't........Again my opinion....
But I think you're not so disoriented I guess. Only I can't answer everything you state for sure because I'm a seeker of answers myself!!!!!! :wink:
And as for the Bible like most ancient sacred books they contain a lot of info that nowadays is being considered as truths from the point of view of science and/or history......again what I've said above: possible remnantes of ancient higher knowledge that now is being recovered as humanity maybe is reaching a similar development as the ones who wrote or transmitted that. Again it's my opinion!!!!!!! :daisy:
If something more comes to my mind I'll post it later........
Love :shake:
Watch the stars when you are homesick
Be a dream chaser no matter how things are
Search for Light when it's dark and cloudy
and be always happy at all events
because you're a manifestation of love
and peace is you birthright

Lady Nimue
OBOD Ovate
Location: Avalon...upon my Dragon, journeying to Anglesey and the Isle of Merlyn

Postby Lady Nimue » 27 Sep 2007, 03:53

This is a wicked, kool thread....such a wealth of info.
Lady Nimue-
Guardian of "MERLYN'S GROVE AT AVALON GLYN"...... a Certified OBOD Sacred Grove and Certified National Wildlife Refuge.

Florence

Postby Florence » 27 Sep 2007, 04:34

Another idea came to my mind: the OM. When hindu scriptures say god Brahma created the world chanting the OM it means producing a vibration!!!!!! Outside the atmosphere (no air)sound can't be transmitted nor heard........so in fact OM is not technically a sound but a kind of vibration. Sounds -and vibrations of course-can alter matter and in so doing create forms, and creatures ,etc...Note : Creatures=created by.........Whom? The utterer of OM or primal vibration......... :huh:
:shake:

Florence

Postby Florence » 27 Sep 2007, 06:24

http://hinduism.about.com/library/weekly/aa012101c.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yugas
http://www.dandavats.com/?p=3576
Some links on the concept of time for the hindus. Time is cyclical and not linear......
http://www.wisdomworld.org/additional/L ... alaya.html
http://www.godrealized.com/Pralaya.html
And explanations on what is a pralaya and what a manvantara,
Just to clarify...... :old:

Twyrch
OBOD Druid

Postby Twyrch » 27 Sep 2007, 11:12

Florence,

As always, you are an unending wealth of knowledge and information! Thank you so much for this information and for your opinion.

Here I thought I was going to be laughed at for posting this, but I just finished up the Air element in my Gwesu and throughout the last few gwersi, I've found myself thinking about things that have never occured to me before.

ImageImageImage

DaRC
OBOD Ovate

Postby DaRC » 27 Sep 2007, 14:49

This would also tie in with the concept of Life as the great music, the Oran Mor;
Tolkien in the Silmarillion describes the creation of middle earth as musical harmonies.

I also remember a discussion between John Michael Greer and others on a.r.d about whether Ogham could be assigned to various musical notes.

Here are the lyrics to the Waterboys song

The Big Music
=============
I have heard the big music
And I'll never be the same
Something so pure
Hey! Just called my name

I have drowned in the big sea
Now I find I'm still alive
And I'm comin' up for ever
Hey! Shadows all behind me
Ecstasy to come

I have Climbed the big tree
Touched the big sky
I just stuck my hand up in the air
And everything came into colour

Like Jazz Manna from sweet sweet chariots
I have seen the big mountain
And I swear I'm half way there
(You'll never get there, you'll never get there, You'll never get there)

But I will, I will always climb the mountain
Because I have heard the big music
And I'll never be the same
Something so pure
Hey! Has called My Name!
Most dear is fire to the sons of men,
most sweet the sight of the sun;
good is health if one can but keep it,
and to live a life without shame. (Havamal 68)
http://gewessiman.blogspot.co.uk Image

Kernos
OBOD Druid

Postby Kernos » 27 Sep 2007, 17:26

What if all life operated on a specific frequency? In this discussion, I will be referring to our mind/soul/spirit/consciousness, as our soul, just for simplicity sake...
This was explored in a STNG episode - where Worf became unstuck in time and kept moving from one parallel universe to another. Remember the TS-rupture in which a universe was being filled up by Enterprises.

IIRC, they ID'd the correct shuttle craft by finding the one whose "resonant frequency' matched that of the unstuck Worf to send back to the correct universe and close the rupture.

Kernos
ImageImageImageHelp I'm Falling Thru A Hole in the Flag

"Time is the Image of Eternity."

Time is the Fire in which we burn.

Twyrch
OBOD Druid

Postby Twyrch » 27 Sep 2007, 18:16

This was explored in a STNG episode - where Worf became unstuck in time and kept moving from one parallel universe to another. Remember the TS-rupture in which a universe was being filled up by Enterprises.

IIRC, they ID'd the correct shuttle craft by finding the one whose "resonant frequency' matched that of the unstuck Worf to send back to the correct universe and close the rupture.

Kernos

Kernos,

You're right! I remember the episode, but forgot about the "resonance frequency" until you mentioned it again. Thanks for reminding me. :)

Actually, what even made me consider this in the first place was an episode of Smallville called "Frequency" where a meteor freak could travel between different frequencies and Jimmy had to use his HAM Radio to hear Lex and Lana talking so they could bring their frequency back into sync with the "real world".

It's also similar in theory to the STTNG episode, Time's Arrow, where Data goes back to 20th Century Earth to stop time-traveling from killing people by absorbing their energy. These aliens were out of "phase" with the rest of us and Data had to modify something to allow him to see them.

ImageImageImage

Florence

Postby Florence » 27 Sep 2007, 18:48

Sound or resonance or vibration I think could be considered analog concepts here!!!!I'm not a scientist so maybe I'm saying nonsenses but in my opinion it's just like that. The hindus again have very short mantras -usually just one letter of the sanskrit alfhabet- they call "bija" (seed)mantras. This bija mantras are te tone or sound or resonance or vibration that activates for instance one chackra or even it's the sound to evoke, invite or whatever a deity. For instance "Gam" is the bija mantra for god Ganesha, "Hrim"(jrim is the pronunciation)is the divine mother and so on. "Ham" is the anahata or heart chackra........"Om" the universal mantra is resounding in everything that exists and is in every sound or vibration in the universe......That's why they put a big enfhasis in the way of chanting the mantras. It's better if you say them in sanskrit and you should try to pronounce them correctly because the sound in itself has power. when the mantras are longer, kind of a short prayer it is even more complex because there's a combination of many sounds that reveberate in many different dimensions and existing things........If you want you should try chanting a mantra and see what happens........ :thinking:
In one of the many hindu cosmologies it is said that the OM was the first sound or vibration that separated in two oppositte principles and in three and then this three divided into seven. Each of the seven principles divided into seven again and gives 49 tattvas or primal principles that originated creation and correspond to the letters of the sanskrit alphabet. some monks just recite the whole alfhabet as a form of meditation!!!!!!!
By the way sanskrit alfhabet is called "devanagri" which translated would be something like "the languagge of the city of the gods". How do you like this? :o
Well if I think of something else I'll post more later........ :hug:
shriyantra.gif
shriyantra.gif (27.41 KiB) Viewed 7706 times

Lady Nimue
OBOD Ovate

Postby Lady Nimue » 28 Sep 2007, 02:19

Florence, IMO you are spot on....mantras, and the most Sacred OM.
To explore this is to realise that inate connection we have with Creation, Spirit and the Universe.
Lady Nimue-

Florence

Postby Florence » 28 Sep 2007, 17:28

I think you are right. As I said above many ancient teachings contained in scriptures and sacred books seem to have been part of scientific knowledge that was lost. Lately many of the sayings in the Bible or the Vedas or Upanishads and so on have begun to be confirmed by scientists!!!!!!!!!!And that brings me to the question of : how did they knew about it such a long time ago?
As with mantras and OM specially there are several yoguic excercises that are very harmonizing and the continual practice might lead to the revelation of great truths !That's again my opnion!!! :wink: The point is that even though we know about them maybe most of us don't have the perseverance of keep on doing those practices daily :whistle:
Sometimes excess of meditation has proved harmful for certain persons too. Too much isolation leads to problems...That's why an experienced teacher is important!!!! Chanting mantras frequently move energies that sometimes we are not prepared to handle or that we don't understand. One excercise I recommend as very harmonizing is the Omkar: chanting the OM 21 times. It is said it harmonizes the 21 elements of the human bodies.These are: earth,air,fire,water,ether or akasha, the same five but subtle, the 10 subtle senses and the antakarana(mind, buddhi or superior intelect and ego).
:curtsey:
L & B

Twyrch
OBOD Druid

Postby Twyrch » 28 Sep 2007, 18:44

I've been reading the First Book of Adam and Eve in the Gnostic Scriptures and its interesting how Adam refers to his previous body before the Fall as being made of energy... perhaps it was even pure vibration and sound. Perhaps a glimpse of what we become after death? :thinking:

ImageImageImage

Kernos
OBOD Druid

Postby Kernos » 28 Sep 2007, 21:23

Do not forget

E=MC²

:yay:
ImageImageImageHelp I'm Falling Thru A Hole in the Flag

"Time is the Image of Eternity."

Time is the Fire in which we burn.

Florence

Postby Florence » 28 Sep 2007, 22:54

Twirch wrote:
I've been reading the First Book of Adam and Eve in the Gnostic Scriptures and its interesting how Adam refers to his previous body before the Fall as being made of energy... perhaps it was even pure vibration and sound. Perhaps a glimpse of what we become after death?
I've been reading the First Book of Adam and Eve in the Gnostic Scriptures and its interesting how Adam refers to his previous body before the Fall as being made of energy... perhaps it was even pure vibration and sound. Perhaps a glimpse of what we become after death? :thinking:
I haven't read that book but IMO it means that before "the fall" his body was subtler using occultists terminology and after "the fall" it became more dense. What does it mean? _That before it was vibrating at a higher speed and that made it subtler and afterwards it began to vibrate more slowly and thus became more dense. But here the question is: what is "the fall"? What should be understood as a "fall"? IMO again probably the descendt to the world of three dimensions --ours--and before they must have been dwelling in another dimension, maybe the fourth or fifth!!!!!! :shrug:
In fact we are manifesting in several dimensions at the same time but we are only aware of a few of them. for instance if you take the physical body it is in a dimension but if you think about feelings or thoughts? The are not so solid(apparently)or dense as the physical body.Aren't they? But they exist anyway.....Some seers like bishop Leadbeater of the theosophical society said he could actually "see" persons thoughts......it means he could see subtker matter......again this is my opinion according to what I've studyied!!!!!! :idea: Hope I've made it clearer......we are always talking about matter (as Kernos pointed) in different states or frequencies of vibration......... :shake:
L & B

Return to “The Attic”