The R0wdy Bunch Seedgroup Con't

Herein are contained classic stories and other timeless threads penned by patrons of the Druid's Head Pub. To suggest additions, please contact the Moderator.
Bracken
OBOD Druid

The R0wdy Bunch Seedgroup Con't

Postby Bracken » 04 Oct 2007, 17:54

1000!!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

W00T!!!!
fix!
:-)

Beware those carrying pruning shears.

Severina
OBOD Bard

Re: The R0wdy Bunch Seedgroup

Postby Severina » 04 Oct 2007, 17:57

Congratulations to Twyrch for the excellent woot on the 1000th post. :)

About me? I'm 33 and live in the UK. My name is Sarah but just chose Severina for the site just because of the old Mission song of the same name. The Mission were/are a UK band from late 80's/90's - I don't know if they ever made an impact in the US so some of you may not have heard of them. Anyway, the band is not important. They represent a time in my life when I was 'me.' I know it's easy to look back on my life and think I was happier back then without the responsibilities etc that I have today, but I have felt over the last few years that I was just on a treadmill of sorts and that the 'me' I used to be had got lost along the way. :where:

I have always had a love of nature and the natural world. I have always felt I have an 'old soul.'

I started reading books on Druidry only recently and the first one I picked up was Emma Restall Orr's Principles of Druidry. What a fascinating read that was. The more books I read, the more it all started to make sense. I know alot of peope describe the feeling of 'coming home' and that was very true. I felt like I was safe.

Having trawled the internet for more information, I joined the OBOD mailing list. I found myself coming back to the site time and again. I like the feeling of 'belonging' so knew I wanted to follow a course.

So, I started on the bardic course and am really enjoying it. I love the way it is 'all consuming' in every aspect of my life now. It hasn't 'taken over' but definitely has become part of it.

I look forward to having a laugh with you all here in the pub and maybe having some more 'deep and meaningfuls' with you in other topics as I become more confident (and able!) to do so.

Nice to meet you all :shake:
Severina

Twyrch
OBOD Druid

Postby Twyrch » 04 Oct 2007, 18:43

1000!!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

W00T!!!!
fix!
:-)

Beware those carrying pruning shears.

heh... we'll have to start calling you, Mama Scissorhands now, eh? ;)
Twyrch  /|\  J. D. Edwards

ImageImageImage

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J. R. R. Tolkien

Twyrch
OBOD Druid

Postby Twyrch » 04 Oct 2007, 18:46

Congratulations to Twyrch for the excellent woot on the 1000th post. :)

About me? I'm 33 and live in the UK. My name is Sarah but just chose Severina for the site just because of the old Mission song of the same name. The Mission were/are a UK band from late 80's/90's - I don't know if they ever made an impact in the US so some of you may not have heard of them. Anyway, the band is not important. They represent a time in my life when I was 'me.' I know it's easy to look back on my life and think I was happier back then without the responsibilities etc that I have today, but I have felt over the last few years that I was just on a treadmill of sorts and that the 'me' I used to be had got lost along the way. :where:

I have always had a love of nature and the natural world. I have always felt I have an 'old soul.'

I started reading books on Druidry only recently and the first one I picked up was Emma Restall Orr's Principles of Druidry. What a fascinating read that was. The more books I read, the more it all started to make sense. I know alot of peope describe the feeling of 'coming home' and that was very true. I felt like I was safe.

Having trawled the internet for more information, I joined the OBOD mailing list. I found myself coming back to the site time and again. I like the feeling of 'belonging' so knew I wanted to follow a course.

So, I started on the bardic course and am really enjoying it. I love the way it is 'all consuming' in every aspect of my life now. It hasn't 'taken over' but definitely has become part of it.

I look forward to having a laugh with you all here in the pub and maybe having some more 'deep and meaningfuls' with you in other topics as I become more confident (and able!) to do so.

Nice to meet you all :shake:
Severina,

Thanks for letting us get to know you a little better. :shake:

I'm sure you'll fit in here just fine and I look forward to talking with you in some of the other topics. Don't be afraid to dive in... we don't bite... much... ;)

ImageImageImage

Bracken
OBOD Druid

Postby Bracken » 04 Oct 2007, 21:03

Welcome, Severina.

How lovely of you to post such a great introduction.

Looking forward to getting to know you better. :D

And Twyrch, now we've reached the magic number, I reckon we're gonna get pruned. :-(

Ghostrider
OBOD Bard

Postby Ghostrider » 04 Oct 2007, 21:09

Hope we can, at least, keep the no. of times this thread has been viewed... Now there's an awesome number!
"I don't suffer from INSANITY!! I enjoy every minute of it!"

R0wdy Atomic WEDGIE-master

2007 SBImage
Finder of lost Message board Souls of the Most Holy (or not) Order of Slightly Reformed Non-Visigoth Circus Performers

Bracken
OBOD Druid

Postby Bracken » 04 Oct 2007, 21:22

They come, they see, they run away.

Tylana Featherstone

Postby Tylana Featherstone » 04 Oct 2007, 21:25

Small w0000000000t

Me so tired :(
Tylana, the great and holy bONkEr.

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Postby Dryadia2 » 04 Oct 2007, 21:34

Congratulations!ImageImage

And now this thread must be split, to a reasonable size. :shake:
Please continue the w00ting and merry-making, as you wish!

Peace and Blessings,
:dryadia: /|\
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than any city on earth - Steve McQueen

Donata
OBOD Druid
Location: Watching the seasons change in the woods at my home in Western NY

Re: The R0wdy Bunch Seedgroup Con't

Postby Donata » 05 Oct 2007, 01:19

Congratulations Rowdies, on your 1000th post - you show us another side of Druidry! :grin:

BB
Donata
In some mysterious and wonderful way you are part of everything. And in that same mysterious and wonderful way, everything is a part of you. ---Nippawanock, ARAPAHOE

If I destroy you, I destroy myself. If I honor you, I honor myself. --- Hunbatz Men, MAYAN ELDER

http://www.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com
http://www.Donata.ChrysalisHeartCenter.com

The Medicine Wheel: Path of the Heart (book available through Amazon.com)

ImageImage ImageImage

Aylyn
OBOD Bard

Postby Aylyn » 05 Oct 2007, 09:02

Hmmmm - not sure what happened during pruning - there I am, all alone, with the 1002nd post :huh:

However, big W00000000000000000000000000000000T for the continuation.

Image Image Two things are in abundance in the universe: hydrogen and stupidity.

Please help my dragons grow: Image

Bracken
OBOD Druid

Postby Bracken » 05 Oct 2007, 16:25

Crikey bobs! Welcome to the R0wdies, Donata. :grin:

This thread needs jokes, and merriment. What has everybody been up to? The sun has been shining in England for two whole days and yesterday I heard "Feed The World" coming out of the cooked chicken shop. :o I just started my MA. The jury is still out on it so I'll keep you posted. Menopause is fantastic. I'm hot and angry and I love it. Life is good.

Thanks, Dryadia2 for a lovely, fresh, feng shui'd thread.

Twyrch
OBOD Druid

Postby Twyrch » 05 Oct 2007, 16:33

Menopause is fantastic. I'm hot and angry and I love it. Life is good.

Thanks, Dryadia2 for a lovely, fresh, feng shui'd thread.
LOL @ MamaB! :-)

I have asked Selene to move the original R0wdy thread to the Attic. Hopefully, that will be done soon before it's lost to the ether.

I don't have a joke, but I do have a fable which answers the question of why we enjoy being R0wdy from time to time. :wink:

Compliments of Star Trek: Voyager...
A scorpion was wandering along the bank of the river, wondering how to get to the other side. Suddenly he saw a fox. He asked the fox to take him across the river.

The fox said, "No. If I do that, you'll sting me and I'll drown."

The scorpion assured him, "If I did that, we'd both drown."

The fox thought about it and finally agreed. So the scorpion climbed up on his back and the fox began to swim. But halfway across the river, the scorpion stung him.

As the poison filled his veins, the fox turned to the scorpion and said, "Why did you do that? Now you'll drown too."

"I couldn't help it," said the scorpion. "It's my nature."
I couldn't help but post on this thread... It's in my nature as well. :yay:

ImageImageImage

Ade Sundog
OBOD Ovate

Postby Ade Sundog » 05 Oct 2007, 16:59

Hello Awl
W00000000000OOOOOOOOOOOTTTT!!

Jokes anyone?

A man goes into a pub with a pair of jump-leads.
The barman says - don't get starting anything.

Two men were arrested in the village last night, after one drank some battery acid and the other eat a firework.
One was charged , the other one got let-off .

Last night police were called to a branch of Pizza Hut after a body of a member of staff was found covered in mushrooms, onions ham and cheese. The police spokesman said that there was a strong possiblity that the man had topped himself.

Huge CHEERS FOR THE 1000TH POST!!! :empty:

Ade
:sun:

Og - Ha - Be

Make Tea Not War :greenpeace:

Twyrch
OBOD Druid

Postby Twyrch » 05 Oct 2007, 17:08

Sleep... you crack me up. :-)

Your joke reminded me of this one... it's an oldie, but a goodie. ;)
After Quasimodo’s death, the bishop of the Cathedral of Notre Dame sent word through the streets of Paris that a new bell ringer was needed. The bishop decided that he would conduct the interviews personally and went up into the belfry to begin the screening process. After observing several applicants demonstrate their skills, he had decided to call it a day.

Just then, an armless man approached him and announced that he was there to apply for the bell ringer’s job. The bishop was incredulous.

“You have no arms!”

“No matter,” said the man. “Observe!” And he began striking the bells with his face, producing a beautiful melody on the carillon.

The bishop listened in astonishment; convinced he had finally found a replacement for Quasimodo. But suddenly, rushing forward to strike a bell, the armless man tripped and plunged headlong out of the belfry window to his death in the street below.

The stunned bishop rushed to his side. When he reached the street, a crowd had gathered around the fallen figure, drawn by the beautiful music they had heard only moments before. As they silently parted to let the bishop through, one of them asked,

“Bishop, who was this man?”

“I don’t know his name,” the bishop sadly replied, “but his face rings a bell.”

The following day, despite the sadness that weighed heavily on his heart due to the unfortunate death of the armless campanologist, the bishop continued his interviews for the bell ringer of Notre Dame. The first man to approach him said,

“Your Excellency, I am the brother of the poor armless wretch that fell to his death from this very belfry yesterday. I pray that you honour his life by allowing me to replace him in this duty.”

The bishop agreed to give the man an audition, and, as the armless man’s brother stooped to pick up a mallet to strike the first bell, he groaned, clutched at his chest, twirled around, and died on the spot.

Two monks, hearing the bishop’s cries of grief at this second tragedy, rushed up the stairs to his side.

“What has happened? Who is this man?” the first monk asked breathlessly.

“I don’t know his name,” sighed the distraught bishop, but……….. he’s a dead ringer for his brother.”

ImageImageImage

Ade Sundog
OBOD Ovate

Postby Ade Sundog » 05 Oct 2007, 18:17

:-) :-) :-)
:sun:

Og - Ha - Be

Make Tea Not War :greenpeace:

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Postby Dryadia2 » 05 Oct 2007, 18:19

Hmmmm - not sure what happened during pruning - there I am, all alone, with the 1002nd post :huh: ...
My apologies Aylyn. :oops:
My 'pruning shears' were a bit rusty, and it took me 4 tries to get the thread split.Image
(and I even read the instruction manual) :whistle:

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than any city on earth - Steve McQueen

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Postby Dryadia2 » 05 Oct 2007, 18:32

...Beware those carrying pruning shears.
Image Image :grin:

Twyrch
OBOD Druid

Postby Twyrch » 05 Oct 2007, 18:55

The saddest thing is the original thread doesn't show 1000 posts any more. :cry:

But that's alright... we'll have this one back up to that number before too long. At least the other thread had over 18,000 views. :grin:

ImageImageImage

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Postby Dryadia2 » 05 Oct 2007, 21:35

...we'll have this one back up to that number before too long...
Sorry, to be the bearer of sad news :cry: ...but we can't let the thread get that long again. :duck: I about got 'taken out to the woodshed' :spank: , for letting it get as long as it did! :boggle:

Okie dokie...I've mangaged to paste all the chopped up pieces of the old thread together, and have archived it to The Attic. The 1st page of the original 'The Rowdy Bunch Seedgroup' can be found here:
http://druidry.org/board/dhp/viewtopic. ... 63&start=0
The last page here:
http://druidry.org/board/dhp/viewtopic. ... start=1000
It's all in one piece now...all 51 pages! :boggle:

Return to “The Attic”