The R0wdy Bunch Seedgroup Con't

Herein are contained classic stories and other timeless threads penned by patrons of the Druid's Head Pub. To suggest additions, please contact the Moderator.
Druidfluid
Location: Under the mountains, on the edge of the plains (i.e. Colorado)

Re: The R0wdy Bunch Seedgroup Con't

Post by Druidfluid » 25 Mar 2008, 14:08

Twig wrote:It is possible that the wood chuck would upchuck wood, and there would be a major mess in the forest, where no one would be there to clean it up.
Wow, the philosophical debates in here are intense.
Official R0wdy Barmaid - No separate checks. Half Off Nipple Night on Tuesdays.

2008 BS

Frenn
OBOD Bard

Post by Frenn » 25 Mar 2008, 14:10

Druidfluid wrote:
Twig wrote:It is possible that the wood chuck would upchuck wood, and there would be a major mess in the forest, where no one would be there to clean it up.
Wow, the philosophical debates in here are intense.

Is there a nobler quest than one for truth?

and here's a stumper for ya

if a crust of bread is better than nothing, and nothing is better than true love, is a crust of bread better than true love?

and my personal favorite

why is there braille on drive thru ATMs?
Last edited by Frenn on 25 Mar 2008, 14:12, edited 1 time in total.

6th Frenn of a Frenn

Cannot we let the morning be?

Druidfluid

Post by Druidfluid » 25 Mar 2008, 14:11

Aylyn, good luck with the studying. We are comrades in suffering . . .

Okay, today it is write my political economy paper or die!

*Shoves a bottle of J&B down the counter* Gonna have to pour for yourself this morning, but I agree. The ice just clanks against your teeth and gets in the way.
Last edited by Druidfluid on 25 Mar 2008, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.

2008 BS

Frenn
OBOD Bard

Post by Frenn » 25 Mar 2008, 14:46

Druidfluid wrote:
*Shoves a bottle of J&B down the counter* Gonna have to pour for yourself this morning,

can do easy

6th Frenn of a Frenn

Cannot we let the morning be?

Willowhawk
OBOD Bard
Location: ...over grass and over stone, and under mountains in the moon...

Post by Willowhawk » 25 Mar 2008, 18:42

Oh, hell. There is no way I can possibly go back and catch up on a month's worth of Rowdy mayhem. :o So let's just pretend I'm not a horrible procrastinator who's been practising serious avoidance since Imbolc and get on with it...

W00000000000T!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: Luv yas all, sorry I've been away-- and MamaB, I do owe you and I've not forgotten! :wink:

much, much love from a wandering
Peace over anger. Honour over hate. Strength over fear.

Bracken
OBOD Druid

Post by Bracken » 25 Mar 2008, 19:04

You owe me nothing, my darling.

So lovely to see you.

Twig
OBOD Bard

Post by Twig » 26 Mar 2008, 00:46

A genuine Willow w00t! Nothing could be finer. So glad to hear from the Rowdy's Poet Laureate. Go on and give into the temptation -- hang around a while!

w000000000000000000000000000000t!!!!
"...some part of me is tree." -- Stephanie Kaza (Buddhist author)

"It takes courage to live ordinary lives." -- Connie Schultz (newspaper columnist)

:awen: :terra: :seasons:

http://www.elephants.com

Druidfluid

Post by Druidfluid » 26 Mar 2008, 02:04

Due to the activities of a certain R0wdy (*cough* Twig) in another forum (http://druidry.org/board/dhp/viewtopic. ... 59#p297459) I will be occupied with other activities for some time that preclude me fulfilling my role as official barmaid and Half Off Nipple Night Mistress this Tuesday. In the event of my absence on tonight or future nights, I now appoint Twig the Official R0Wdy Nipple Night Stand-In as a means of ensuring the success and endurance of Nipple Night while also exacting some measure of revenge for the reduction of my cosmology to the presence of disembodied, intergalactic nipples eroding the threads of rationality and political theory I have worked so hard to weave together over these past couple of semesters.

Let Nipple Night begin! I'm going to go find myself a drink . . .

2008 BS

gate

Post by gate » 26 Mar 2008, 04:11

Oh, hellllloooooo MamaB, thanks for the rousing welcome earlier on! :grin:

:hiya: druidfluid, I think you are going to get along just fine with your thesis or whatever it is...just asking, what is your notion of 'druidfluid'? and are you serious about investigating the global plutonium economy? risky, but interesting. And someone ought to do it ~ the inventory ought to be precise, but of course, it's not.

I have a bottle of Dry Monopole in the fridge, but I am waiting for Kitchen Jim to turn up and open it, he left it there and then drove off to see a Man about a Dog (or was it a Monkey?), and has evidently got side-tracked...If he doesn't show up soon, I shall be calling for champagne flutes and the cork will get popped, regardless!

Druidfluid

Post by Druidfluid » 26 Mar 2008, 04:30

gate wrote:Oh, hellllloooooo MamaB, thanks for the rousing welcome earlier on! :grin:

:hiya: druidfluid, I think you are going to get along just fine with your thesis or whatever it is...just asking, what is your notion of 'druidfluid'?
As druidry is not a "revealed" spiritual path, I prefer to leave it up to the individual drinker what proper druidfluid is. You can go on a "journey" for it, if you like. Mostly, I just like being slightly irreverent and it rhymes.

After thorough examination, I'm sorry to report that there are no properly irreverent emoticons on the side of this page. This will have to suffice to convey the full brunt of my feelings on this topic :whistle: .

And yes, I am serious about the global plutonium economy, but I may not get to it for a few years. I am doing the initial groundwork for a future project, however.

2008 BS

Twig
OBOD Bard

Post by Twig » 26 Mar 2008, 06:34

<looks flustered, wrings hands, stutters> Uh, uh, w-w-well, I am so under-overwhelmed. I don't know what to say. I have never been appointed to anything so grand and noble in my six decades. Oh, no! I have no acceptance speech prepared. <breathes deeply> OK.

First, I'd like to thank my dog for patiently waiting for me to rub his belly while I am endlessly occupied on this computer in the Rowdy w0000ty Seedgroup. I'd like to thank the now-elsewhere-pursuing-his-dreams Ghostrider and Grand Mistress of the Rowdies, MamaNoHead-Babobab-MamaB for founding this seedgroup of irreverant and frequently outrageous Rowdies. I accept this appointment with great humility, probably because I am too dim-witted to understand the revenge motive of the Official Barmaid.

I must point out I am not without experience for this position as I bar-tended while in grad school working on my Library Science degree. And y'all thought librarians were dull. Not the ones I know!

Anyway, I do hereby accept the title of Official Rowdy Nipple-Night Stand-In. Thank you very much.

<thunderous applause throughout the pub>.

"It takes courage to live ordinary lives." -- Connie Schultz (newspaper columnist)

Aylyn
OBOD Bard

Post by Aylyn » 26 Mar 2008, 10:41

Nice acceptance speech, Twig. Congrats on the new title....

I missed Half Off Nipple Night yesterday, as I was doing the last preparation for the big performance tonight - we are going to sing Haydn's Creation in the cathedral here in Dundee tonight...

Anyway, JB or that funny other stuff does not do it for me. before I made it up here, I never used to drink Whiskey/ Whisky, but since being in Scotland, I had to get used to it. Currently, I am on Jura Whisky: The Superstition is worth every pence, and I just LOVE the name :grin:

Image Image Two things are in abundance in the universe: hydrogen and stupidity.

Please help my dragons grow: Image

Ade Sundog
OBOD Ovate

Post by Ade Sundog » 26 Mar 2008, 18:26

Hello awl

WOOT!! :D

My komp bost last Sat , and i've only just got the kin thing fixt .

Hello neu r0wdies!!

Glad to see the keeping fit stuff has worn off , too much for an owd fart like me .

bonaza!
:sun:

Og - Ha - Be

Make Tea Not War :greenpeace:

Twig
OBOD Bard

Post by Twig » 26 Mar 2008, 23:09

Well, Aylyn. As the stand-in barmaid, I need to know what "whisky" is. I always assumed it was bourbon (GAG). Please help me with my on-the-job-training...

gate

Post by gate » 27 Mar 2008, 00:10

:roll: I shall refrain from embarking on a discussion of whisky as 'The Water of Life' or we shall be here all bloomin' night... :wink:

I am wondering if the bar-staff are going to need training in the use of tongue-twisters as a means of determining the degree of inebriation of a customer? The ability to walk in a straight line while rapidly repeating "The Leith Police Dismisseth Us", when under the influence of alcohol, requires consummate Bardic skills - as well as the guile of a Druid, and the patience of an Ovate.

The law in the UK states that a drunk person may not be served alcohol in licenced premises :blink: but I doubt if such a restriction would apply under the Sign of the Druid's Head!

While I think of it, there is an intact fragment of gnomic verse which came to me via a very old lady who hailed from Massachusetts, and which I think must be part of some oral Druidic tradition passed down the generations. It goes as follows:

In mud eels are
In clay none is
In pine tar is
In oak none is

Best repeated quickly, till those listening are as baffled as I was when I first heard it...

Ghostrider
OBOD Bard

Post by Ghostrider » 27 Mar 2008, 03:19

*pops in to show signs of life*

Ere now... sod this ruddy WHISKY!!
I hauled a keg from the Basement Bar, y'all might want to convince Cinder to share.. :grin:
And for the rest of you thirsty gits... there's a box of MEAD hidden below the counter.. :innocent:

*back to work!*
"I don't suffer from INSANITY!! I enjoy every minute of it!"

R0wdy Atomic WEDGIE-master

2007 SBImage
Finder of lost Message board Souls of the Most Holy (or not) Order of Slightly Reformed Non-Visigoth Circus Performers

gate

Post by gate » 27 Mar 2008, 03:25

:o MEAD! now that's what I call Druid Fluid :yay:

none of that gut-rot cider! (though it does have its uses.... :roll: )

Druidfluid

Post by Druidfluid » 27 Mar 2008, 04:11

gate wrote: I am wondering if the bar-staff are going to need training in the use of tongue-twisters as a means of determining the degree of inebriation of a customer? The ability to walk in a straight line while rapidly repeating "The Leith Police Dismisseth Us", when under the influence of alcohol, requires consummate Bardic skills - as well as the guile of a Druid, and the patience of an Ovate.
Pfft. Who needs tongue-twisters? I have political theory. No one gets into their car or onto their broomsticks until you can tell me what happened in Kondratiev 2A in the developing world? (That's cheap, I know. Kondratiev is hardly a theorist).

What? You can't tell me? Guess you are all staying here then. Next round's on me!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! Paper's done!!!!!!!!! And there are no disembodied, flying, cosmic nipples in it AT ALL!!!!

2008 BS

Twig
OBOD Bard

Post by Twig » 27 Mar 2008, 08:41

Ghostie!! Wow, a visit from our patron saint, all too fleeting. <sigh> It's OK, we understand having to work. Well, OK. Some of us do. :grin:

So. Druidfluid, congratulations on getting that paper over with. What a relief! Time to celebrate. w00000000t!

I guess this means my stand-in status is now revoked. Just as well since I can't even figure out what whisky is. :oops: And I would've flunked the tongue twisters. I guess I can come out from behind the bar and be a customer again. Think I can handle that...

Aylyn
OBOD Bard

Post by Aylyn » 27 Mar 2008, 10:18

Ghostie - good to see the old R0wdies are still around and have not completely vanished. Hope your life goes all well, and is progressing in the right direction....

Druidfluid: Congrats on the finished paper, I will make an effort to finish mine at the weekend - only 2000 words to go, that should be doable. As for the inebriation test: I will never be able to leave the pub, as I have never heard of that guy. Not that I think either situation is a punishment :grin:

Twig - here is some training-on-the-job for the barmaid-in-spe:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whisky

In general, there is Scottish Whisky and Irish Whiskey and then there are all the cheap copies such as Bourbon... :duck:

As for finding the right one: There are so many, it will take the rest of my life to try them all, but I will give it a shot (or a few). I was in Fettercairn at the weekend, one of the local distilleries around here, and they had a cask of Whisky produced in my birth year. The bottle sells for 32000£. Wish I was worth that much...

And mead - I take it as long as it is brewed from heather honey, not the cheap stuff, therer are massive differences in there as well. As for cider: I may be from Frankfurt, the Cider City of Germany, but I still hate the stuff. The German version can burn holes in your gut.

German version of the insobriety test: Flanell-laeppchen, and all l's and p's must be spelt out.

Image Image Two things are in abundance in the universe: hydrogen and stupidity.

Please help my dragons grow: Image

Return to “The Attic”