The R0wdy Bunch Seedgroup Con't

Herein are contained classic stories and other timeless threads penned by patrons of the Druid's Head Pub. To suggest additions, please contact the Moderator.
Bracken
OBOD Druid

Re: The R0wdy Bunch Seedgroup Con't

Post by Bracken » 15 Jan 2008, 01:28

But I always imagine that when Ainevar speaks he sounds like Eminem. :-)

Ainevar

Post by Ainevar » 15 Jan 2008, 01:35

:-) Is taht because he is also from Michigan. I need to listen to one of his songs and compare his voice to mine now.

SilverStorm

Post by SilverStorm » 15 Jan 2008, 08:48

Aylyn best wishes on your paper! I know that you will be just fine. Bless your heart, you are working so hard.

I think Mama has invinted a new game! What does everyone sound like in our imagination? To me Twig sounds like Miss Melanie Hamilton from Gone With the Wind. :)
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.  Kahlil Gibran

My Ancestry: Image  ImageImage

Bracken
OBOD Druid

Post by Bracken » 15 Jan 2008, 09:48

To me Twig sounds like Miss Melanie Hamilton from Gone With the Wind.
:-) She's going to love that, but no, she definitely sounds like Carol Burnett in her role as the despicable, drunken MISS HANNIGAN in Annie. :o Definitely.

Twig
OBOD Bard

Post by Twig » 15 Jan 2008, 10:01

Oh, yuck -- is Melanie that insipid mamby-pamby pasty character? Naw, I don't think so!

And I can't sing like Carol Burnett at all. My teeth are sort of bucky like her's prior to her jaw-breaking surgery. And I have been told that I remind people of her.

But I confess. There is a bit of a Texas drawl. It's not too bad unless I am around my mother who has a waaay Texas accent. Or my friend who works on a ranch. She is very hard-core. Can make any one syllable word into two. Incredible. My drawl also slips out when I'm tired, too.

I had to can the drawl when I moved to New Mexico. They hate Texans there. Stereotypically rich Texans on vacation can be loud, drunk, and generally obnoxious. And besides, Texas stole a chunk of New Mexico in 1848, and we have never been forgiven.

I am thinking that SilverStorm and Aylyn both have a Germanic twinge to their English. And has for Bao, totally Brit!! "Wuld" for world and "yiz" for years.

I have no idea what Ghostie might sound like. Do they even have accents in the Netherlands?
"...some part of me is tree." -- Stephanie Kaza (Buddhist author)

"It takes courage to live ordinary lives." -- Connie Schultz (newspaper columnist)

:awen: :terra: :seasons:

http://www.elephants.com

Aylyn
OBOD Bard

Post by Aylyn » 15 Jan 2008, 10:17

Ghostrider wrote:What if the tree's spirit just wanted to change the scenery it was looking out to and decided it needed a twist to do just that!
Actually, in my research I found some papers that stated trees twist because they are standing on a water crossing and are reacting to the Earth's energies there. I have thought about including it in the review, but then decided against it. Why rock the boat??? :-)

Ans otherwise, thank y'all for the good wishes. I needed some emotional support to lift me up, and you have amply provided that :shake: Fianait, I will check out your writing lab and see what they can do, thanks for the link.
Twig wrote:I am thinking that SilverStorm and Aylyn both have a Germanic twinge to their English. And has for Bao, totally Brit!! "Wuld" for world and "yiz" for years.
Actually, I never think about the voices when I read the posts. To me, the pictures are much more important. As for the Germanic Twinge: You might be surprised, as this is only VERY slightly pronounced. I learned English (?) from the American Forces network in Germany, so I was much better at understanding the Texas Drawl than MamaB's Birmingham twinge. However, I only found out AFTER my move to the UK that what I had learned was not English after all, but American :-) Two countries, separated by a common language....

Subsequently, I was often mistaken for Canadian: American English with a German accent - people never knew what to make of it. After 7 years in the UK, I am getting better at "real" English, but since I love Yorkshire, I have taken on a few aspects of that dialect: Influenced by the danish and Nordic roots. And who knows what Scotland is going to do to me now... So I would need to ask my co-workers what kind of accent I have.

And when it comes up, I usually say: I have no accent, it is YOU who have it :o

German W0000000000000000000000T :yay:

Image Image Two things are in abundance in the universe: hydrogen and stupidity.

Please help my dragons grow: Image

Bracken
OBOD Druid

Post by Bracken » 15 Jan 2008, 10:19

Oh, yuck -- is Melanie that insipid mamby-pamby pasty character? Naw, I don't think so!
:-) I told you she'd love it, didn't I?

Funnily enough, Carol Burnett was born in San Antonio.

Me! Totally Brit? :-) That is so funny. I would love to keep that myth alive, but I'm going to try to find an example of the real accent for you to listen to.

Ok. It's a bit closer to THIS. :-)

Bracken
OBOD Druid

Post by Bracken » 15 Jan 2008, 10:39

MamaB's Birmingham twinge
Nope. MamaB is a Mancunian, but I have been around the world and it has affected my accent no end.
Do they even have accents in the Netherlands?
Yes, they do. :D

Actually, Ghostie heard me on the radio the other week, so he'll tell you what I sound like. I name-checked him and totally blew his cred by giving out his middle name, but I'm not going to do that here, no matter how much you pay me.

Aylyn
OBOD Bard

Post by Aylyn » 15 Jan 2008, 10:42

Twig wrote:Ooooh -- this is interesting stuff, Aylyn. I have loved trees since I can remember remembering, and knowing how they do what they do is fascinating. I must admit, Ghostie has a point --maybe they really do just want something different to look at, thereby making them sentinent beings! I've always wondered about that...

I hope you have the energy to let us know how your paper is progressing. It sounds like you are off to a great start. (No lie!) What is the name of the course?
I am doing an BSc in Environmental Science. Incidentally, I did a meditation some years ago and when I asked what I could give back, I got kicked to study Ecology. No such course was available, so I took the next best thing. Funny - I have learned so much about the elements, biology and Earth in general in that course, it was a bardic grade in itself....

Image Image Two things are in abundance in the universe: hydrogen and stupidity.

Ghostrider
OBOD Bard

Post by Ghostrider » 15 Jan 2008, 11:48

Twig wrote:I have no idea what Ghostie might sound like. Do they even have accents in the Netherlands?

hehe.. you'd be surprised Twig! Different accents even between cities, not just areas.. LOL. And we can fit into Texas EASILY! lol.

I am told I sometimes have a South-African accent, which would make sense, as Dutch and Afrikaans are extremely related. Add to that that I learned to speak whilst living near Durban, S.A.. So I also learned to speak Dutch, Afrikaans and English there.. hehe.

But I also tend to pick up on the accent of people I talk to FAST, so yes... we have accents ;)

And MamaB... if you reveal my middle name.. I shall have to EAT YOUR BRAIN to erase that!
That also applies to Tylana, who (I think) also has that knowledge available... hehe
"I don't suffer from INSANITY!! I enjoy every minute of it!"

R0wdy Atomic WEDGIE-master

2007 SBImage
Finder of lost Message board Souls of the Most Holy (or not) Order of Slightly Reformed Non-Visigoth Circus Performers

Bracken
OBOD Druid

Post by Bracken » 15 Jan 2008, 11:55

:-) :-) :-)

I'll take it to the grave.
[But maybe we could have a guessing game for fun, like Rumpelstiltskin?]

Ghostrider
OBOD Bard

Post by Ghostrider » 15 Jan 2008, 11:59

Are you willing to bet your first-born on it? HAHAHAH..

Then again.. you allready now... which automatically disqualifies you! hehe

2007 SBImage
Finder of lost Message board Souls of the Most Holy (or not) Order of Slightly Reformed Non-Visigoth Circus Performers

Willowhawk
OBOD Bard
Location: ...over grass and over stone, and under mountains in the moon...

Post by Willowhawk » 15 Jan 2008, 17:26

Baobab wrote:... World's Rudest Pub Name competition three years in a row until it was pipped to the post by THIS ONE) ...
Oh, that's just so WRONG!!! W00T!!!!!!! :-) :-)

And thanks, Ghostie-- I got my sig worked out again!

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Peace over anger. Honour over hate. Strength over fear.

Willowhawk
OBOD Bard
Location: ...over grass and over stone, and under mountains in the moon...

Post by Willowhawk » 15 Jan 2008, 17:36

Lessee... Ghostie's middle name... hmm. Aartsen? Baartge? Ooh... I like Baldger... No, Baldric!! Black Adder forever!! :grin: :-)
Attachments
Balders.jpg
Balders.jpg (2.35 KiB) Viewed 2515 times
Peace over anger. Honour over hate. Strength over fear.

Ghostrider
OBOD Bard

Post by Ghostrider » 15 Jan 2008, 19:17

Not even close... HAHA :whistle:

2007 SBImage

SilverStorm

Post by SilverStorm » 16 Jan 2008, 08:29

HAHAHA!!! Carol Burnett.... I love it! If that is the case Twig remind me to send you some bathtub gin for your next birthday. :grin:

Germanic? Me? Oh no honey. If you are ever able to hear my real accent it is good ole Bama southern. But my parents and my teachers forced me to learn to speak without it as I got older because it is very hard to get taken seriously in the professional world outside of the South if you speak with that particular inflection. It still comes out when I get angry, tired, or have conversations with anybody who has one. And like Ghost (since I have never lived anywhere longer then 3 years) I can imitate the accents of others fairly well.

When it gets warmer here I must go discover if there are any twisted trees in the area, and ask them why they twisted.
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.  Kahlil Gibran

Aylyn
OBOD Bard

Post by Aylyn » 16 Jan 2008, 10:13

Happy Birthday, Ghostie. I must admit you do not look like 50 in your pictures, so it seems you have found the secret of eternal youth - let us in on it :-)

I just read this morning that the smurfs are celebrating their 50th birthday :yay: And, to resolve matters, they were invented by a Belgian guy.... Close enough to the Netherlands for me. Here is the link (In German, though):

http://magazine.web.de/sidbabhddj.12004 ... G6qS4.html

W0000000T

SilverStorm

Post by SilverStorm » 17 Jan 2008, 08:02

Did anyone else ever notice that there are a lot of smurfs, but only one is female?

Ghostrider
OBOD Bard

Post by Ghostrider » 17 Jan 2008, 08:42

I noticed!!

Ruddy awfull!! There go my chances of ever finding a mate! :grin:

2007 SBImage

Bracken
OBOD Druid

Post by Bracken » 17 Jan 2008, 11:46

Ghost wrote:There go my chances of ever finding a mate!
Why not try the DRUID PERSONALS? :-)

Return to “The Attic”