INTRoDucTIONS: How old are you and where do you live...? Con

Herein are contained classic stories and other timeless threads penned by patrons of the Druid's Head Pub. To suggest additions, please contact the Moderator.
Brownbare

Re: INTRoDucTIONS: How old are you and where do you live...? Con

Postby Brownbare » 09 Aug 2009, 20:39

Hello everybody!

And what a pleasure it is to see so many active members on here. I have recently embarked on the Bard path and have enrolled on the OBOD Bard course. Things are going fantastically well (although a little slower than first anticipated, work constraints are a hindrance!).

Just to give you a very brief insight, I am a 25 year old half English half Turkish (born in Holland!) lad living just outside of London. I work in the media industry and can frequently be found enjoying a chai tea latte (I know...how media of me!) or a glass of something a little fruitier, whilst writing, listening to music or enjoying a good book.

I guess druidry appealed to me because of its emphasis on increasing ones wisdom and knowledge. I think life revolves around both and the pursuit of wisdom/knowledge is a truly noble and exciting feat. I also have a great sense of connection to nature and the earth. So to combine the two in a wonderful spiritual path is very appealing indeed.

Anyways, I would love to talk to you all so please feel free to message me. I am off to bury my head in the ground after a disastrous 4th Test, I am currently avoiding my dear Australian friends with great cunning and agility.

Love to you all.

John
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
Noam Chomsky

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Postby Dryadia2 » 10 Aug 2009, 20:24

Greetings and Welcome John!
Kick back, relax, have a look around, and enjoy your stay!Image

Peace and Blessings,
:dryadia: /|\
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than any city on earth - Steve McQueen

Keita
OBOD Bard

Postby Keita » 11 Aug 2009, 11:41

Hello all!

My name is Keita and I'm 18 years old from Singapore. I think I can safely say that I've always had a little baby Druid lurking around somewhere inside of me without my quite realising it; I started on the Pagan path when I was 14, but after a while I decided I needed something more than eclecticism. I tried out Wicca for a while but that didn't work, until I stumbled upon Druidry a couple of years ago and just kinda did my own research from there. I think it's probably time for me to take that little bit of research to something greater, which is why I am proud to say I joined this forum - which is the first step, for me.

I suppose I would consider myself 70% Druid and 30% Catholic, with the 30% Catholic bit coming from four years of Catholic education - as well as being constantly surrounded by Catholic friends and relatives (my dad, boyfriend, mom, aunts, cousins, some of my school friends, etc are all Catholic - I'm the odd-one-out.) Over the years I have come to realise that although I do and always have considered myself more Pagan than Catholic, it would be impossible for me to completely deny my Catholic education. This is another reason why I chose the Druid path, which allows me to blend the best of both worlds together.

I love the philosophy of Druidry, in that it does not impose its values on anyone, but instead encourages the person to grow. I also love, perhaps more than anything else, its emphasis on nature and the arts, which have always been my greatest passions since I was a wee baby. I'm a singer and pianist, as well as avid (perhaps even obsessive) bookworm and composer of my own little tunes now and then. I love how Druidry encourages us to increase in wisdom and self-knowledge, which is just something you can't learn out of a book. That, to me, is extremely important, as being Singaporean, I have been immersed in 12 years of rote-learning which I have grown to dislike immensely :/

I tried learning a little bit of Welsh when I was 14, but unfortunately haven't been able to make much progress in it since there's practically no one here in Singapore that speaks Welsh :/ It would be fair to say that without that one chance encounter upon a random Welsh-language book in a random library, I would never have bothered to learn more about Welsh culture, history, and even Druidry and Paganism. So everything where Druidry is concerned now, I owe to mae hen wlad fy nhadau :) Correct me if I made any boo-boos in that bit of Welsh there!

I'm going to take my GCSE A levels in music, chemistry, biology, math and Knowledge Inquiry (aka epistemology) this year - wish me luck ;D

Blessed be! Keita.
/|\
Blessed be!

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Postby Dryadia2 » 11 Aug 2009, 16:55

Greetings and Warm Welcome to you, Keita!

Please find a cozy place to sit back, relax, and enjoy your stay!
Best Wishes and Good Luck with your GCSE! :clover:

Peace and Blessings,
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than any city on earth - Steve McQueen

DKStack

Postby DKStack » 11 Aug 2009, 22:33

Hello, my name is DK Stack and I'm from and live in British Columbia; Located on the west coast of Canada between the coastal mountains and rocky mountains. I almost would like to say that I am new to all this but, it's as if ive been doing this since childhood (I feel very lucky). I am very glad too find this grove and hopefully meet all of you. :shake: I have alot I would like to talk about.
When we heal the earth, we heal ourselves. ~David Orr

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Postby Dryadia2 » 12 Aug 2009, 18:57

Greetings and Welcome DKStack!Image

Feel free to kick back, take a look around, ask questions if you wish, and enjoy your stay!

Peace and Blessings,

Megan

Postby Megan » 13 Aug 2009, 23:39

Hello everyone,

My name is Megan, and I'm currently living in western Canada.

I'm not really sure where to start with introductions, since everything is really new to me. For a long time I haven't really known what I've been doing until a new friend I met out west guided me in this direction. My mother's side of the family comes from a "Welsh witch" background (or so the stories went when I went to visit when I was younger) so I suppose this seems a little natural. My sister and I have plans to go back to Wales, to research our family tree on the women's side, but unfortunately those plans have yet to come into fruition. I'd like to try and follow back ten generations if I can, and see what I can find out about where I come from.

I think that's about all for now. Cheers everyone ^_^
~ Megan ~
"... I will never give up. I believe in the person that I am." - Neese

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Postby Dryadia2 » 14 Aug 2009, 01:46

Greetings and Welcome Megan!
Please make yourself comfy, relax with a nice cuppa :tea: and enjoy your stay!

Peace and Blessings,

Megan

Postby Megan » 14 Aug 2009, 14:08

Thank you for the warm welcome!
~ Megan ~
"... I will never give up. I believe in the person that I am." - Neese

kingdomkz

Postby kingdomkz » 15 Aug 2009, 03:12

Hey my name's Kevin Drewrey, I'm 18 and I live in California. My last name used to be spelled Drury, but it was changed last generation to be more generic. I've been around for awhile looking into druidism and wicca, I don't really know anything about it other than general beliefs and it sure sounds interesting. But from my family history, I had picked up that the Drury family had been suggested to have been the founders of druidism, and I was just wondering if that's true, part of the reason I joined up here, besides wanting to increase my knowledge of metaphysics because I love to learn new things :grin:

Joshlife

Postby Joshlife » 15 Aug 2009, 04:02

Howdy Folks :tiphat:

My name is Josh; although, I consider my spiritual name to be Illustriador. Feel free to call me either, as they both represent who I am.

Now to that... I live in Missouri, in the US. I'm approaching 31 years of age and am married with 2 kiddos. My wife Crystal, and I have been committed to one another now for almost 7 years. My kids, Jadian Blu and Shia Aiden, are 6 and 4 respectively. As a family we feel a very strong connection with all things natural and all the juicy goodness that comes with them :D In fact, I am in college just now beginning my third year of studies in biology with an emphasis on environmental science.

Both my wife and I were raised as Christians, but both of us have also always felt as though our paths would eventually take us in another direction. I firmly believe that this may be within your organization. I have read a considerable amount from many of your teachers and moderators, as has my wife. We feel that you speak honorably and from your heart, which is a rare thing these days. As of yet we have not signed up for the course, but it is on a short list of goals. You see we have a busy schedule for the next few months, moving to Oregon and changing jobs and schools. So we plan to petition to enroll after things calm down a bit if that's ok?

Till then I would like to get to know maybe some of you. I know that until we enroll we may be somewhat limited as to our access, and I fully understand that of course. I just can't wait to dive in :grin: So our best to everyone, and we look forward to what the future may hold.

Kindly,
Josh

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Postby Dryadia2 » 15 Aug 2009, 15:30

Greetings and Welcome to:
Kevin :tiphat:
and
Josh :tiphat:
May you each find here that which you seek. :where:
Sit back, relax, and enjoy your stay!

Peace and Blessings,

Boann Segais

Postby Boann Segais » 16 Aug 2009, 11:18

Hello there!

My name is Boann, aged 35 and wife of Dagda and mother of 3 lovely little monsters aged 5, 3 and 8 months. At the moment we are staying in the Netherlands for work, but next year we will be moving back home permanently to Ireland.

I have been involved with Gardnerian Wicca for almost 20 years, and also an active member of the Pagan Federation International. Currently I am one of the pub moot organisers in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

Since Dagda is Irish and a life long student of Celtic Civilisation (including a degree in the subject), our path has led us to become more actively involved in the Celtic Reconstructionism area. That is the main reason for also joining OBOD and seeing how our brother and sister Druids are walking their path!

Slainte,
Boann.

Dryadia2
OBOD Druid

Postby Dryadia2 » 16 Aug 2009, 15:58

Greetings and Warm Welcome Boann!
Please find a cozy place to sit back, relax with a nice cuppa :tea: and enjoy your stay!

Peace and Blessings,

Svenja
OBOD Bard

Postby Svenja » 19 Aug 2009, 10:10

Good morning :hiya: ! My name's Svenja, I am approaching 30 this year and I am a native German. I have migrated to the UK some years ago, and now live in the North East region of this beautiful island. I have been following the Old Ways for the best of 15 years now. I have dug my nose into many traditions but have not yet found a way that satisfies me completely. However, I have always felt that the tradition of druidism is the closest to me - so now I hope I have found my home in this tradition. Prove me wrong :wink:
I hope to find interesting and deep conversations here as well as hillarious silliness and chitty-chat :)

See you later!

Alchemilla
OBOD Bard

Postby Alchemilla » 19 Aug 2009, 11:55

Hello, welcome and willkommen on Druidry.org, Svenja :) !

:shake:
:acorns:
Aonaibh ri cheille!
(Taillear dubh na tuaighe)

Image :brnbear:

Aylyn
OBOD Bard

Postby Aylyn » 19 Aug 2009, 12:28

My name's Svenja, I am approaching 30 this year and I am a native German.

Nice, another exiled German :grin:

Herzlich willkommen auf dem Board :hug:

Image Image Two things are in abundance in the universe: hydrogen and stupidity.

Please help my dragons grow: Image

Svenja
OBOD Bard

Postby Svenja » 19 Aug 2009, 12:45

My name's Svenja, I am approaching 30 this year and I am a native German.

Nice, another exiled German :grin:

Herzlich willkommen auf dem Board :hug:

Hello Aylyn :) !
I assume you're German too? :huh:

Danke fuer die Willkommensgruesse! Thank you for the welcoming words, Alchemilla!
:hug:
There's more faith in an honest doubt than in half the creeds.
(A.L.Tennyson)

Aylyn
OBOD Bard

Postby Aylyn » 19 Aug 2009, 13:24

I assume you're German too? :huh:
Bin ich, und soweit ich weiss, Alchemilla auch. Hast du dich im deutschen Forum angemeldet? Das ist auch fuer uns Exilanten offen...

Es ist schon erstaunlich, dass es uns alle so weit in den Norden verschlagen hat :huh:

Image Image Two things are in abundance in the universe: hydrogen and stupidity.

Please help my dragons grow: Image

Svenja
OBOD Bard

Postby Svenja » 19 Aug 2009, 13:37

@Michael: Thanks very much for your kind words and the useful links. It's a pretty forum you've got here. Well done :) !

@Aylyn: Ja, Alchemilla kenne ich bereits. Nein, auf dem deutschen Forum bin ich nicht angemeldet.
There's more faith in an honest doubt than in half the creeds.
(A.L.Tennyson)

Return to “The Attic”