HOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND DEITY?

Herein are contained classic stories and other timeless threads penned by patrons of the Druid's Head Pub. To suggest additions, please contact the Moderator.

How do you conceive of Deity?

I try to avoid having any conception
8%
Monotheistic
4%
Duotheistic
4%
Polytheistic
16%
Pantheistic
37%
Other (please post description)
32%

Total votes: 171

Ki No Ronin

Postby Ki No Ronin » 27 Feb 2005, 19:01

Philip wrote: "Pantheists believe that Deity does not exist as one or more personal gods, but is instead present in all things, and IS everything. The term Pantheist was coined during the Druid Revival period by John Toland, author of 'The History of the Druids."

I voted for Pantheist.

Actually, since making my Vote, I actually found a group in Vancouver called "The Vancouver Pantheists" and have joined it. I have a thread on the Vancouver Pantheists running on this message board, in the Links of Interest forum.

:)

KNR

Douma-CopperLion

Postby Douma-CopperLion » 01 Mar 2005, 04:06

Hi Philip,

I also voted other, and my view of Diety is a poly-panthiestic one. I believe that Diety is emenint in all of nature, but that there are beings that we recognize as gods and goddesses that interact with us on a spiritual level. I like the Druid philosophy as it relates to our existence in this world, but on a cosmic level I believe in something of a Hindu view of the Divine. That is, an Almighty being that has created everything including the Gods and Goddesses but at the the same time is immediately present in everything and animates the entire universe. That little "spark" of the divine that we all have in common.

:D

runningwave
OBOD Bard

Postby runningwave » 03 Mar 2005, 02:32

I checked the "other" circle, because my concept of deity is akin to "animism." It may be rather "Ben Kenobi" of me, but I believe that there is a force in nature that binds all living animals and plants together. I might even include crystals, or whole planets, like Earth, in my definition. For me, Nature itself has a spirit or soul. All natural things are tiny reflections of that larger spirit, Nature.

I suppose I'm not wholly in disagreement with pantheism, either, but I lean more strongly to animism.
~runningwave~

A bard from the marshes of Maryland, USA

Image Image

Blade

Postby Blade » 03 Mar 2005, 03:45

i belive there is one Deity life, *nature*
i also belive that god is just a good man,
and i also belive that hevan is earth,
a future earth that we haven't discovered yet.

Tha Blade

Ps
could jesus of been a man,
who was just more evolved than most.

Return to “The Attic”