The Law of Abundance

A forum for the discussion of heuristic questions relating to Druidry using verifiable methods. Fo-fúair!
Life is short, the art long, opportunity fleeting, experiment treacherous, judgment difficult. — Hippocrates

Sturgeon's Law: Ninety percent of everything is crap.

This is a public forum, viewable by guests as well as members, and is cataloged by most search engines.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
Oneonine

Re: The Law of Abundance

Post by Oneonine » 07 Sep 2010, 23:03

Maybe it's your weird to be a billionaire in the next life.... LOL.

treegod
OBOD Druid

Post by treegod » 08 Sep 2010, 08:34

Oneonine wrote:This is one version of the nine metaphysical laws. The law of abundance here is not quite the same as the new age visualisation concept of the same name. But then the new age version of orbs takes no account of digital pixelation, and the new age concept of memes (and meme-ories 8-) ) bears little resemblance to the sales demagraphic list it was first based on either.
Just nine? Check this list out... The Universal Laws and Conditions of Third Dimension Living(spiritual laws)

This list has 105, though I guess some might be repeated. Same or similar Laws under different names.

There was another one with even more, perhaps over 150.

My plan is to take them every now and then and bring them out for discussion on The Skeptical Druids :D

Oneonine

Post by Oneonine » 08 Sep 2010, 17:40

I find the system of nine metaphysical laws a lot more elegant somehow. Once you add ethics to the category its bound to get longer though. Look at all those triads...

With the triads, the ones messed with and christianised seem awfully long winded, and defeat the purpose, if you ask me.

Merlyn
OBOD Druid

Post by Merlyn » 08 Sep 2010, 18:01

105 laws, many require the acceptance that there is a (as in one) god.

I find this leaning on justification, "because" there is a god, "therefore" etc...

Without the god factor it all falls flat.
Image :emerit:
Dyro, Dduw, dy nawdd;
ac yn nawdd, nerth;
ac yn nerth, ddeall;
ac yn neall, gwybod;
ac o wybod, gwybod yn gyfiawn;
ac o wybod yn gyfiawn ei garu;
ac o garu, caru Duw.
Duw a phob daioni.

DJ Droood
OBOD Druid

Post by DJ Droood » 08 Sep 2010, 21:13

Merlyn wrote:105 laws, many require the acceptance that there is a (as in one) god.
Actually, it sounds like a municipal council of gods.
2010 LI
2011 LI
2013 BS
12/10-Ancestors
"If organized religion is the opium of the masses, then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe."
Kerry Thornley

Oneonine

Post by Oneonine » 08 Sep 2010, 21:23

LMAO

Merlyn
OBOD Druid

Post by Merlyn » 08 Sep 2010, 22:05

Way past the ten commandment thing...

It even goes into the law of sex, which I am not really comfortable having a god watching... :whistle:
Dyro, Dduw, dy nawdd;
ac yn nawdd, nerth;
ac yn nerth, ddeall;
ac yn neall, gwybod;
ac o garu, caru Duw.
Duw a phob daioni.

Oneonine

Post by Oneonine » 08 Sep 2010, 22:44

What aout a goddess watching... :boggle:

Merlyn
OBOD Druid

Post by Merlyn » 08 Sep 2010, 23:07

That might be different... :oops: or not... have to think on that :thinking:
But out of the 105 laws, they only mention... god.
They seem to make it more like a unigendergod, sort of like... bipolar or something.. :shrug:
Not the "father" kind of god.

No wonder I like dragons & god and goddess; they just don't have this Law-god-thing going on. :applause:
Dyro, Dduw, dy nawdd;
ac yn nawdd, nerth;
ac yn nerth, ddeall;
ac yn neall, gwybod;
ac o garu, caru Duw.
Duw a phob daioni.

wyeuro
OBOD Druid

Post by wyeuro » 09 Sep 2010, 01:59

yeah, it's like anything else. some people are able, designed, to attract what they want by 'positive' thinking, but i felt wrong trying it because you can ruche up the dream-scape drawing what doesn't come naturally.

when i read about dr emoto's work with the power of gratitude and love to heal sick water, i spent some serious time cultivating grateful attitudes and rediscovering my own natural gratefulness for good things in my life - dewdrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, if you like. not only did my desires shift to something more realistic and therefore more truly gratifying - peace, comfort, a good conscience, a good character even (old-fashioned as that may seem) and good terms with my neighbours, and sound attitudes to money - but also, more abundance did come into my life through natural channels. abundance of info, of friendship, and yes, even money. i'm unwaged and receiving a pension from a most generous government, and despite never having been able to earn a living by working, i've never been cold, hungry, ragged or homeless, and could always put petrol in my old, but well-serviced car. i've always been vaguely amazed at this generosity, and grateful. but all that aside, i believe that a kindliness exists in the society of people, spirits, nature etc that appreciates humility, gratitude and all the old virtues and rewards them with realistic forms of abundance. i'm a lot happier working with that than the go-getter style.
wyverne /|\

Merlyn
OBOD Druid

Post by Merlyn » 09 Sep 2010, 13:03

The laws of reaction to the self and visa versa.

I boiled it all down in my own cauldron long ago, and it really ends up being more like five, not 105.
Dyro, Dduw, dy nawdd;
ac yn nawdd, nerth;
ac yn nerth, ddeall;
ac yn neall, gwybod;
ac o garu, caru Duw.
Duw a phob daioni.

celticmodes

Post by celticmodes » 09 Sep 2010, 13:24

It is my opinion that humans are blind to their abundance and opportunities to work with it. We unconsciously feel we are not complete which leads us to ignore what we have. Let me give attempt to give some proof of this.

You are using a computer to view this discussion. Since a computer is a luxury item, I'm betting that you are well fed, have a roof over your head, have clothes on your back and money in the bank. If you took a moment to think of the rest of humanity on this planet and their living/working conditions, you would see that no matter where you are in your cultural expectation of "success", you are much better off than billions of other humans. I'm not saying that we should feel guilty for our abundance, just that we should embrace it since we already have it. Embracing abundance, for me, tends to unblock my self-sabotage and makes a clear path for me to get more (love, money, fun, etc).

Just my 2 cents. Let me take this opportunity to wish for this kind of abundance :gulp:

Oneonine

Post by Oneonine » 09 Sep 2010, 18:59

It's interesting to see how many people equate law with commandments, ethics, or suchlike. For me, I thought of the laws of physics. Gravity, entropy, the speed of light, the speed a new-ager leaps on the latest craze... immutables which show how the universe works. Ever heard this one ? - opposites attract on the physical plane, but like attracts like on the spiritual plane.

Likewise abundance differs. Maybe I'm rich having a new computer - or poor and have no life/friends to keep me off one.
:shrug:

treegod
OBOD Druid

Post by treegod » 09 Sep 2010, 21:15

celticmodes wrote:It is my opinion that humans are blind to their abundance and opportunities to work with it. We unconsciously feel we are not complete which leads us to ignore what we have. Let me give attempt to give some proof of this.

You are using a computer to view this discussion. Since a computer is a luxury item, I'm betting that you are well fed, have a roof over your head, have clothes on your back and money in the bank. If you took a moment to think of the rest of humanity on this planet and their living/working conditions, you would see that no matter where you are in your cultural expectation of "success", you are much better off than billions of other humans. I'm not saying that we should feel guilty for our abundance, just that we should embrace it since we already have it. Embracing abundance, for me, tends to unblock my self-sabotage and makes a clear path for me to get more (love, money, fun, etc).

Just my 2 cents. Let me take this opportunity to wish for this kind of abundance :gulp:
:shake:

I'm totally and utterly in agreeance with you. "Abundance" starts with attitude. For me, as you so rightly point out, I have lived in "rich" countries, and have access to a lot of, what I'd call, luxuries. Like this computer, and Internet access.

I have all of my basic needs met (food, shelter, clothes etc) AND YET MORE! Not a lot of people can say that. So In consider myself to be rich. Even if my position in rich society isn't a "rich" position.

treegod
OBOD Druid

Post by treegod » 09 Sep 2010, 21:35

Oneonine wrote:It's interesting to see how many people equate law with commandments, ethics, or suchlike. For me, I thought of the laws of physics. Gravity, entropy, the speed of light, the speed a new-ager leaps on the latest craze... immutables which show how the universe works. Ever heard this one ? - opposites attract on the physical plane, but like attracts like on the spiritual plane.
That's exactly what I was thinking, laws to do with "the way things work" rather than "should does imposed by spiritual hierarchy".

But my Skeptic self doesn't believe in this really. These spiritual laws are (abundant!) inventions of the human mind. Perhaps showing how the human mind works more than the Cosmos.

They are insights into people, into our views on the world, ethical values and experiments to try to see how and if they work.

My attitude in looking at these laws is to sort the chaff from the wheat. Either something useful will come from them, or if not through them then by contemplating them something useful can arise through them.

3 down 102 to go ;)
Last edited by treegod on 09 Sep 2010, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.

DJ Droood
OBOD Druid

Post by DJ Droood » 09 Sep 2010, 21:37

treegod wrote:I have all of my basic needs met (food, shelter, clothes etc) AND YET MORE! Not a lot of people can say that. So In consider myself to be rich. Even if my position in rich society isn't a "rich" position.
I can say the same..so what does this mean for The Law of Abundance? Are we in the West better visualizers than those in Somalia or Republic of the Congo, or do they visualize abundance differently? And does the Law of Abundance apply to whole societies, or just individuals? For instance, when I trip over my netbook, The Law of Gravity affects me in just the same way as it does buildings in Port au Prince. Is the spiritual Law of Abundance applied equally to all spiritual beings and spiritual communities?
2010 LI
2011 LI
2013 BS
12/10-Ancestors
"If organized religion is the opium of the masses, then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe."
Kerry Thornley

treegod
OBOD Druid

Post by treegod » 09 Sep 2010, 22:00

DJ Droood wrote:
treegod wrote:I have all of my basic needs met (food, shelter, clothes etc) AND YET MORE! Not a lot of people can say that. So In consider myself to be rich. Even if my position in rich society isn't a "rich" position.
I can say the same..so what does this mean for The Law of Abundance? Are we in the West better visualizers than those in Somalia or Republic of the Congo, or do they visualize abundance differently? And does the Law of Abundance apply to whole societies, or just individuals? For instance, when I trip over my netbook, The Law of Gravity affects me in just the same way as it does buildings in Port au Prince. Is the spiritual Law of Abundance applied equally to all spiritual beings and spiritual communities?
I want to quote Corwen's very intelligent comment here...
Corwen wrote:Obviously visualising failure isn't going to help you relax and therefore succeed, but the opposite isn't necessarily true! I dare say the starving do nothing but visualise food, and yet they don't always get fed.
For me all I need is to appreciate what I have and what I get, and recognise the luxury "bonuses" for what they are.

Which makes the Law of Abundance a bit superfluous really...

However...
Success or abundance does not only apply to money. There is success in communication, spirituality, relationships and so on.
so the law suggests.

It's not all about material riches.

Merlyn
OBOD Druid

Post by Merlyn » 10 Sep 2010, 03:34

The Law of Abundance says that if you visualise abundance/success then you can "attract" it to you.

Some would say this is a very false and selfish idea. But then, look at it this way....

I could be a druid with little or no possessions at all, yet be employed as an adept by a king and live in a castle and provided for as a result. :wink:
(my job could be to visualize abundance and success for the kingdom and not myself)
Dyro, Dduw, dy nawdd;
ac yn nawdd, nerth;
ac yn nerth, ddeall;
ac yn neall, gwybod;
ac o garu, caru Duw.
Duw a phob daioni.

DJ Droood
OBOD Druid

Post by DJ Droood » 10 Sep 2010, 11:34

Merlyn wrote:I could be a druid with little or no possessions at all, yet be employed as an adept by a king and live in a castle and provided for as a result. :wink:
(my job could be to visualize abundance and success for the kingdom and not myself)
Do you visualize a pension plan and dental benefits with this job, Merlyn?
2010 LI
2011 LI
2013 BS
12/10-Ancestors
Kerry Thornley

celticmodes

Post by celticmodes » 10 Sep 2010, 14:26

On the subject of visualizing as a tool for achieving end results, I have had personal experience with this. Time for a story :-)
One day, while visiting my teacher, we closed the door of her office to do some training. On the back of her door was this strange poster/collage. There were pictures of skiers gliding down a snow covered mountain but she had pasted a picture of her face over the magazine picture. It looked kooky. I asked what it was and she said it was a "treasure map". I still thought it was kooky until she explained that she hadn't set foot on a skis until her 40's when her son and daughter talked her and her husband into going on a skiing trip. She fell in love with it and decided she wanted to be much more involved with the lifestyle. I saw this when she was 49. At that time she had 2 cabins near a ski resort and was a ski instructor.

Some might say this is an effective way of keeping focused on a goal and I'd agree. But then there is a magical aspect to it also. When I was looking to move away from the city and wanted a completely different lifestyle, she had me make a map. One of the photographs we chose was a one room white church in the middle of a field. There was something special about the "vibration" coming off the picture. When I did decide where I was going to live we drove past that church. It was the church, not one that looked like it. 1/2 a country away.

I have a few more of these examples where some type of "exactness" or synchronicity came about. I am skeptical in general but open to the idea that something beyond our comprehension is available for us to work with in the area of abundance.
Last edited by celticmodes on 10 Sep 2010, 14:30, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Skeptical Druid”