Alternate Universes

A forum for the discussion of heuristic questions relating to Druidry using verifiable methods. Fo-fúair!
Life is short, the art long, opportunity fleeting, experiment treacherous, judgment difficult. — Hippocrates

Sturgeon's Law: Ninety percent of everything is crap.

This is a public forum, viewable by guests as well as members, and is cataloged by most search engines.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
treegod
OBOD Druid

Re: Alternate Universes

Post by treegod » 20 Sep 2011, 15:29

I read that the only problem with the "all possibilities possible" universe was the statistics of what we experience. Where are the universes where there's a plastic bag continuously flying around on thermals, never stopping? Or something like that...

Bart
OBOD Ovate

Post by Bart » 20 Sep 2011, 17:29

@ Lily: the uncertaintity principle applies to thing as big as Bucky balls, these are as big as the inner working of a virus (for your reference). If not observed you will get patterns which have a interference which complies with the fact that every particle interferes with itself. Ergo that it has travelled every rout possible, also the one going to the stars and back. Although the straight line is the most plausible. I think they also found it in the navigation of doves, but than as paired particles.

@ treegod: as I understand, our statistics only works in our universe. other multiverse other rules.

Lily
OBOD Ovate

Post by Lily » 20 Sep 2011, 18:57

Bart, I don't understand a word you're saying. Except for the size of bucky balls, which I have a pretty clear grasp on.
bright blessed days, dark sacred nights

Lily

"You cannot reason people out of a position that they did not reason themselves into"
-Ben Goldacre

treegod
OBOD Druid

Post by treegod » 20 Sep 2011, 20:46

Any, why should we care about alternate universes? Just askin' :where:

(BTW Lily, I liked your article in the Touchstone.)

Bart
OBOD Ovate

Post by Bart » 20 Sep 2011, 22:08

No reason whatsoever.

treegod
OBOD Druid

Post by treegod » 20 Sep 2011, 22:52

Inspiring.

Return to “The Skeptical Druid”