End of days in 2012?

A forum for the discussion of heuristic questions relating to Druidry using verifiable methods. Fo-fúair!
Life is short, the art long, opportunity fleeting, experiment treacherous, judgment difficult. — Hippocrates

Sturgeon's Law: Ninety percent of everything is crap.

This is a public forum, viewable by guests as well as members, and is cataloged by most search engines.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
DJ Droood
OBOD Druid

Re: End of days in 2012?

Postby DJ Droood » 15 Jan 2012, 09:14

I've just been reading about The Doomsday Clock...<edit>...Repent and believe, the is end is nigh! Now where did I read or hear that? Got to be a Christian source, a Sunday bulletin or a sandwich board, where...oh where..?

The Doomsday Clock has been ticking back and forth at about "5 minutes to midnight" since I was a kid...it has been a bit of a lame gimmick for the last 30 years...time to replace the batteries or wind it or something! And yea, in this instance, science and religion are in accord...."Feel afraid and guilty and buy what we are selling!"
2010 LI
2011 LI
2013 BS
12/10-Ancestors
"If organized religion is the opium of the masses, then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe."
Kerry Thornley

Karl

Postby Karl » 15 Jan 2012, 23:32

I just noticed something terrifying! I understand the Mayan calendar ends after 2012, but I flicked through the one on my wall and MY calendar ends after 2012 too! I urge you all to check yours! :grin: :grin: :grin:

"I knows all about folk songs. Hah! You think you're listenin' to a nice song about- about cuckoos and fiddlers and nightingales and whatnot, and then it turns out to be about - about something else entirely. You can't trust folk songs. They always sneak up on you." - E. Weatherwax

A hidden connection is stronger than an overt connection.

Al Hakim
OBOD Druid

Postby Al Hakim » 16 Jan 2012, 21:12

Great. That cartoon really hit it!

DJ Droood
OBOD Druid

Postby DJ Droood » 16 Dec 2012, 21:17

5 day forecast:
Attachments
380721_442116249176965_1302238326_n.jpg
380721_442116249176965_1302238326_n.jpg (34.23 KiB) Viewed 3583 times
2010 LI
2011 LI
2013 BS
12/10-Ancestors
"If organized religion is the opium of the masses, then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe."
Kerry Thornley

Whitemane
OBOD Ovate

Postby Whitemane » 16 Dec 2012, 22:21

I've just been reading about The Doomsday Clock...<edit>...Repent and believe, the is end is nigh! Now where did I read or hear that? Got to be a Christian source, a Sunday bulletin or a sandwich board, where...oh where..?

The Doomsday Clock has been ticking back and forth at about "5 minutes to midnight" since I was a kid...it has been a bit of a lame gimmick for the last 30 years...time to replace the batteries or wind it or something! And yea, in this instance, science and religion are in accord...."Feel afraid and guilty and buy what we are selling!"
The Doomsday Clock is maintained by the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists. It was started at seven minutes to midnight (meaning the outbreak of nuclear war) and has been moved back and forth as a measure of the chance of nuclear war. It was at its closest to midnight during the Cuban missile crisis, and was 17 minutes to midnight at one time in the early 1990s.
May the long time sun shine upon you,
All love surround you,
And the pure light within you,
Guide your way on.

spikklubba
OBOD Bard

Postby spikklubba » 18 Dec 2012, 00:39

hey now I have not been able to read everything so someone may already have posted this ..

I do not think the earth will explode or something similar, however, I believe that the wall between dimensions will disappear ... which according to what I think is because we humans destroy, kill and rape everything living ...

I and several friends have noticed increased activity with the fairies. elves and other creatures ...

The big question is just how most of us humans will react if all of a sudden a lot of things that will be here on equal terms. . .
Image Image Image Image

Corwen

Postby Corwen » 27 Dec 2012, 01:57

I do not think the earth will explode or something similar, however, I believe that the wall between dimensions will disappear ...
How's that going?
My Homepage, music, instrument making, articles, pilgrimage and more! http://www.ancientmusic.co.uk
My Blog: http://www.katecorwen.wordpress.com
My Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/KATEandCORWEN
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kate-Cor ... 840?ref=hl

Return to “The Skeptical Druid”