What do you think about it?

A forum for the discussion of heuristic questions relating to Druidry using verifiable methods. Fo-fúair!
Life is short, the art long, opportunity fleeting, experiment treacherous, judgment difficult. — Hippocrates

Sturgeon's Law: Ninety percent of everything is crap.

This is a public forum, viewable by guests as well as members, and is cataloged by most search engines.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
Bracken
OBOD Druid

Re: What do you think about it?

Post by Bracken » 29 Oct 2011, 21:30

Oh, and btw, I believe it was Eddie of Glamorgan.

Karl

Post by Karl » 29 Oct 2011, 22:01

Haha! I googled Eddie of Glamorgan, the first result was that of Eddie Izzard playing live in Glamorgan. I'll have to look a little deeper than a 'feeling lucky' button. :-)

EDIT: ah, Iolo!
"I knows all about folk songs. Hah! You think you're listenin' to a nice song about- about cuckoos and fiddlers and nightingales and whatnot, and then it turns out to be about - about something else entirely. You can't trust folk songs. They always sneak up on you." - E. Weatherwax

A hidden connection is stronger than an overt connection.

Frog
OBOD Druid

Post by Frog » 03 Nov 2011, 16:40

Karl wrote:Circles, triangles, squares, dots, eyes, there are only a finite number of basic image shapes, so many correlations can be found. Personally I see no specific connection. Perhaps someone could jump in with a short history of the Awen logo; at what point did the three ray logo start being used?

However, if I had just watched an episode of Eastenders that would have sounded more like this:
"Surculs, troyahngles, skweres, spots, eyeballs, there bluhdy everywhere, ain't they?! Nah, yer makin' it up mate, I cawnt see nuffin. Anyway, so who'sa cleva dik 'oo drew that Aarwin shape anyway?"

Quite close to the troof. Watch it, Treacle. :grin:

(I have no idea why the term treacle is used - I'm sure there's a cockney rhyming slang meaning behind it though.) Brilliant word translation there though...
"Don't look to the end of the rainbow for the pot of gold; it's already under your feet"
Enjoy this life. It would be a shame if we looked forward to the next, only to find we forgot the one before.

Image ImageImage
ImageI08; 2010 BS, SB; 2011 IL; 2011 BS
ImageSpeakers Corner, 2011

My spiritual blog: http://theblackcrane.wordpress.com
Bardic Inspirations (Stories/rambles): http://frog101.wordpress.com

Return to “The Skeptical Druid”