Humanistic paganism

A forum for the discussion of heuristic questions relating to Druidry using verifiable methods. Fo-fúair!
Life is short, the art long, opportunity fleeting, experiment treacherous, judgment difficult. — Hippocrates

Sturgeon's Law: Ninety percent of everything is crap.

This is a public forum, viewable by guests as well as members, and is cataloged by most search engines.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
Porpoise

Humanistic paganism

Postby Porpoise » 16 Nov 2015, 10:16

I came across this, which looks rather appealing:
http://humanisticpaganism.com/blog/

Does this approach sit comfortably with the Druid tradition? I feel like I want a deeper connection with the natural world but don't want to take on a load of strange beliefs. :)

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Re: Humanistic paganism

Postby Heddwen » 16 Nov 2015, 11:57

I came across this, which looks rather appealing:
http://humanisticpaganism.com/blog/

Does this approach sit comfortably with the Druid tradition? I feel like I want a deeper connection with the natural world but don't want to take on a load of strange beliefs. :)

Yes, OBOD druidry is very inclusive , there is no pressure to be a theist (if that's what your referring to here!). You can find out more about us through our main site.... www.druidry.org.

ShadowCat
OBOD Ovate

Re: Humanistic paganism

Postby ShadowCat » 16 Nov 2015, 12:01

It's a wonderful blog, it had me giggling more than once...

I've found that druidry doesn't require any preset "belief" at all, but offers a way of honing and examining your own ideas and convictions, whatever they might be.
Three sounds one should treasure:
the whisper of the wind through the leaves
the songs of one's heart
the callings of the universe

Golden Harps are like cookies, you can never have just one
Sacred spaces and places

Return to “The Skeptical Druid”