Which tarot card are you?

Subforum for the study of Tarot
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
Maena

Re: Which tarot card are you?

Postby Maena » 02 Mar 2009, 00:25

welcome thou art :tiphat:

should elaborate on this somewhere else sometime :idea:
Image Image ImageImage
My delusions are the guardians of my sanity.

Herne the Hunter
OBOD Bard

Postby Herne the Hunter » 02 Mar 2009, 01:06

By the original test, I am the hermit. By Corvin's link,

You are The Star

Hope, expectation, Bright promises.

The Star is one of the great cards of faith, dreams realised

The Star is a card that looks to the future. It does not predict any immediate or powerful change, but it does predict hope and healing. This card suggests clarity of vision, spiritual insight. And, most importantly, that unexpected help will be coming, with water to quench your thirst, with a guiding light to the future. They might say you're a dreamer, but you're not the only one.

I think those two cards are complimentary!
BB,
Herne
Image The woods would be very silent if the only birds who sang there were those that sang the best. -- Henry David Thoreau

Cannaid

Postby Cannaid » 09 Mar 2009, 15:16

I am the Hierophant.
Kindness First and in All Things...

Jarvisfamily4

Postby Jarvisfamily4 » 02 May 2009, 06:34

Wow... I had no idea!:
Your Result

You are The Star. You are a source of inspiration and hope. You are appreciated when despair overwhelms others. You do not have answers, you simply provide faith. You give generously and support your friends. You are The Star, you draw others into a higher plane.

.... not true. I DO have answers! :-) Lots of em! and they're usually right! LOL!
Deep in thought.... or not.

Jarvisfamily4

Postby Jarvisfamily4 » 02 May 2009, 06:44

ROFLMAO!!! for fun took the 'fairytale tarot' quiz and got:

You are the beautiful Star, and your story is "The Star of Dawn", an old Eastern European tale.

Healing and recovery Generosity of spirit - Peace, calm and acceptance New life, and new hope The dawn of better, and more peaceful, times.

This star is about hope above all else. In the darkest night and the most difficult times she shines out and brings happiness and comfort. One of the most lovely cards of the tarot - and one of the most beautiful and strange images of The Fairytale Tarot, this card speaks of a happy ending and good things found at last. There is always hope - and the star brings the promise that your optimism will be justified and your wishes granted.

sooo, I guess it must be true!
or perhaps, as my friend says: if two of your friends say you are drunk... seek another opinion.
Deep in thought.... or not.

Test

Postby Test » 08 May 2009, 18:51

The original link doesn't work :( based on the formula using my Christian-calendar birth date in the back of Anne Moura's 'Tarot for the Green Witch' I'm 'The Hermit'.
Think it suits me too.

Willowhawk
OBOD Bard
Location: ...over grass and over stone, and under mountains in the moon...

Postby Willowhawk » 09 May 2009, 18:25

Not exactly what I expected...

You are Temperance. You exude quiet composure. You show moderation and constraint. You thrive in the middle ground. Your friends see you as sensible and sometimes a bit boring. You are Temperance.

Maybe it's a matter of "still waters run deep," but then, I don't really think that describes me either. Hmm. :-| :shrug:
Peace over anger. Honour over hate. Strength over fear.

bpott
OBOD Druid

Postby bpott » 13 Jun 2009, 03:11

Well, this is a nice surprise! Of course, if someone actually said this to me, I would have to say they were delusional about me. Nevertheless, I can accept it from a quiz!

You are The Sun. Brilliant, radiant, shining. You are the glory of light. You have total confidence in yourself. You see and understand all. You are The Sun, your light and warmth comforts all.
:curtsey:
Barb
People say to me so often, 'Jane how can you be so peaceful when everywhere around you people want books signed, people are asking these questions and yet you seem peaceful,' and I always answer that it is the peace of the forest that I carry inside. — Jane Goodall

Lorién

Postby Lorién » 13 Jun 2009, 15:02

Hm, thats a bit surprising but there:

I am The Hermit. I sometimes turn away from society to focus on the inner world. I sense that there is a deeper reality and wish to find it. I am a seeker, and am a wise teacher. I am The Hermit, seek and ye shall find.
PLEASE, help my dragons grow!

skydove
OBOD Ovate

Postby skydove » 13 Jun 2009, 20:15

Much to my surprise I am Strength
You are Strength. You exhibit not only physical strength, but internal as well. You are not flashy, your strength is quiet and reserved. You will persevere through courage, resolve and composure. You are Strength, you will lead others through their darkest hours.
Image 2010 SB Image2011 LI Image Image2011 SB
'much of what she heard from the trees was her own self echoed back'
http://www.suerodger.moonfruit.com/.
December 2013 Seminar - Mask Making with Plaster Bandages

ShropshirePagan
OBOD Bard

Postby ShropshirePagan » 21 Jun 2009, 02:23

I came out as the Hermit which is interesting!

You are The Hermit. You sometimes turn away from society to focus on the inner world. You sense that there is a deeper reality and wish to find it. You are a seeker, and are a wise teacher. You are The Hermit, seek and ye shall find.

Warm blessings

Elaine x
...the turn of the earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour. The entire planet is hurtling around the sun at sixty seven thousand miles an hour. And I can feel it.

The Doctor in 'Rose', 2005

OBOD Bard

Argenta

Postby Argenta » 28 Jul 2010, 15:49

Just dusting some old threads here... and this is a fun one.
I'm the sun, apparently. Not that I'm surprised, brilliant as I am :D

Edit:
Woops, I'm the sun according to this quiz here: http://quizilla.teennick.com/quizzes/22 ... rd-are-you
However, I'm the high priestess according to this one here: http://quizilla.teennick.com/quizzes/97 ... tiful-pics

Anyway, as Andy Warhol once said: "I love 'em all" :-)
I am not young enough to know everything. (O.W.)

reilz81
OBOD Bard

Postby reilz81 » 16 Feb 2011, 06:20

well the first one i did not being able to find the original im the moon the second i got the heirophant and third i got the devil so i think im a devilish heirophant that lives on the moon lol

Maena

Postby Maena » 16 Feb 2011, 07:29

The Fool.. on both of those :whistle:
Image Image ImageImage
My delusions are the guardians of my sanity.

Morganna
OBOD Druid

Postby Morganna » 20 Oct 2011, 11:27

I am strength which is funny as I always feel the need to be stronger. Learning in this me thinks :whistle:

Mountainheart
OBOD Bard

Postby Mountainheart » 20 Oct 2011, 12:38

I tried both tests linked above. Got:

1) You are The Magician. The Magician is the ultimate masculine achiever. You act as a lightening rod, drawing power to you and utilizing it. You are never afraid to act. You know what is right and how to achieve it. Sometimes the results of your actions appear magical. You focus with single-mindedness. You are The Magician, act and act now.

2) Death
Positive Associations with this Tarot Card: endings, transformation, clearance, sweeping change
Negative Associations with this Tarot Card: stagnation, loss of opportunity, loss of friendship, fear of change
Without a doubt it is this card that causes most fear in a reading and yet it rarely, if ever, symbolizes actual death, more a time of absolute endings and absolute beginnings.
Whilst The Death card can represent rather shocking or unexpected events or changes, they usually clear the way for a brand new start and a greater value for life itself.
Out with the old and in with the new, a time of transformation is another way of looking at this card.
Negatively, there isn't much difference, other than you may have a greater sense of fear and dread. when this card appears it's time to show what you're made of
Another negative aspect of The Death card is stagnation, resisiting change when change is essential which may lead to lost opportunities.

LOL: if I did 'focus with single-mindedness' I wouldn't be doing this when I should be working...

FoxOrchid
OBOD Bard

Postby FoxOrchid » 02 Mar 2012, 08:00

I found links to 3 different quizzes, and each of them had different results! Lol ^_~
The first one wasn't terribly accurate in it's description of me as the Moon, the second one said the High Priestess which wasn't much of a surprise (given that it's Cancer's card, my birth-sign).
And finally the third one:
You are The Magician
Skill, wisdom, adaptation. Craft, cunning, depending on dignity.
Eleoquent and charismatic both verbally and in writing, you are clever, witty, inventive and persuasive.
The Magician is the male power of creation, creation by willpower and desire. In that ancient sense, it is the ability to make things so just by speaking them aloud. Reflecting this is the fact that the Magician is represented by Mercury. He represents the gift of tongues, a smooth talker, a salesman. Also clever with the slight of hand and a medicine man - either a real doctor or someone trying to sell you snake oil.

(for the record, in numerology, I'm either the hierophant or the hermit, depending on which of my names is used. ^_^)

MaitiumacFaolchu
OBOD Bard

Postby MaitiumacFaolchu » 17 Mar 2012, 18:01

I got the hermit on the first test, and the magician on the second. Was a bit surprised since I thought that I'd get the fool in one of them, but the hermit has been shown for me on other occasions.

Dragon

Postby Dragon » 14 Jun 2012, 20:43

The Fool. :-|
Risk taker with so many years experience that it is now self evident. :boggle:

Return to “Tarot Study Group”