Teaching the Tarot

Subforum for the study of Tarot
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
blackthorn
OBOD Ovate

Teaching the Tarot

Postby blackthorn » 08 Sep 2012, 21:58

Hi all. I'm a long time reader and teacher, but I was just asked to teach a one hour course on the tarot. My brian froze. :shrug: My normal course is 8 weeks... Does anyone teach and have any ideas for what one can accomplish in an hour?

Thanks!
ImageImage

illion
OBOD Ovate

Re: Teaching the Tarot

Postby illion » 10 Sep 2012, 06:35

Hi, Blackthorn :)

Is this a course where the participants are supposed to bring their own cards or is this just supposed to be you talking to them about Tarot?

If it is a practical course, I think i would have given a very short introductory with the background of the Tarot and how the tarot deck is put together. Then I would have given the participants lots of examples and exercises on how to read the cards with an intuitively approach. Let them start out with doing some story-telling with the cards and go ahead with asking questions and getting answers. Then I would have ended the course with an exercise they can bring with them home and do every day to become better readers.

I personally don't think one needs much theory to use the cards well, what one needs is practice and someone to tell you what kind of exercises to do.

Illion

Return to “Tarot Study Group”