Princess of Wands (druidcraft card by card study/discussion)

Subforum for the study of Tarot
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
paikea
OBOD Bard

Princess of Wands (druidcraft card by card study/discussion)

Postby paikea » 07 Jan 2013, 17:34

Princess of wands
page 22 minor arcana
General princess keywords:Potential, beginnings, exploration, study.
card specific keywords: enthusiastic, energetic, inventive

The princess walk along a path with a tall wand in her right hand. she is dressed in a green cloak and orange dress with some sort of lizard decorating the skirt part. She wears a green belt with knotwork, green & gold coloured trim and a bronze and blue coloured breastplate. she has long chestnut red hair that flows freely in the win. in the distance on either side of the path one can see trees in full leaf. the weather is fair and the lighting would indicate the sun is either rising or setting.
The princesses gaze is towards the right of the card.

mabby
OBOD Ovate

Re: Princess of Wands (druidcraft card by card study/discuss

Postby mabby » 07 Jan 2013, 23:26

Those are salamanders on her gown. She is the Princess of Wands (or Staves) and her element is FIRE. Salamanders are creatures of fire and since they are complete salamanders, they indicate that she is complete within herself. To me she looks confident, energetic, striding forth with enthusiasm -- saying 'here I am world'. Fire symbolizes initial spark, the start of new enterprises. And, since she is a Princess of Wands, I feel that is a double indicator of the start of something new: new initiative, new baby, new study group. Wands in general lead us to approach life with action; it is restless energy and it is up to us to give it a purpose in order to put that energy to work for our benefit. Fire is the energy of existence.

I especially like Rachel Pollack's Seventy-eight Degrees of Wisdom and have read about this card in her book, also.
I'm not good with reversed images, but I would imagine that if this card were reversed it would say to curb your enthusiasm a bit. It would ask for a bit of caution because it is a fire card, after all, and fire can propell or burn; it can create or destroy. It is a powerful element (which one isn't?) and we need to be aware of it's power and show some respect.

illion
OBOD Ovate

Postby illion » 08 Jan 2013, 06:08

Oh, the salamanders....

A few years ago I worked with saving salamanders, or more accurately, their ponds, in my neigborhood from having a road built over them. At that time I drew my daily Tarot every day, and if something happened in this case, I drew this card.

Challenges: problems with my knee, injuries that stopped me from doing joyful things, to have to walk to get somewhere, lack of energy, to be outside of the flow.

Possibilities: get advice, find something, get an idea.

Persons: somebody comes up with a good idea, my husband.

These are my personal experiences with this card.

paikea
OBOD Bard

Postby paikea » 08 Jan 2013, 09:27

Those are salamanders on her gown. She is the Princess of Wands (or Staves) and her element is FIRE.
I couldn't remember what it was called in English. For some reason I kept thinking newt but knew that wasn't right :roll:

Explorer
OBOD Druid

Postby Explorer » 08 Jan 2013, 11:20

About 6 years ago I particpated in a druidcraft tarot workshop with PCG. We had to team up in pairs and just draw a single card, and describe it from the inside, as being the person in that card. The lady I teamed up with drew this card, and she described what she saw through the eyes of that princess. (imagine that, she was looking at the scene inside the card that we cannot see from the outside).
I cannot remember her exact words, but it was about moving forward with confidence, trust, daring and challenge. And I still associate her with this card. And she did exactly that, she conjured up these powers in herself. She shook off the shackles of her old life, and started a daring new life... and then married me. ;-).
Last edited by Explorer on 08 Jan 2013, 15:49, edited 1 time in total.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

mabby
OBOD Ovate

Postby mabby » 08 Jan 2013, 14:53

Explorer, that is perfect!! Also, I never thought of looking at the world from within the card. It's a great idea.

Some further thoughts on this card: I ask myself, what kind of new experiences, ventures could this card indicate -- well, Explorer's romance and marriage certainly would top the list, but it could be the beginning of new theatrical project, the opening of a new brewry, or any new venture that fire would figure in -- a trip south to warmer climes sounds good to me right now.

Return to “Tarot Study Group”