Can We Talk?

FAQs, Guidelines and other general disucssions concerning writing-open to all board membership.
Unna
OBOD Bard

Can We Talk?

Post by Unna »

Just a suggestion folks...

I am thinking that anything and everything that isn't pieces presented and critiques given, should be in this part of the Grove rather than the actual closed part of the Grove itself?

You should do things because they're right. Not because gods say so. They might say something different another time. (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
pworrell
OBOD Bard

Re: Can We Talk?

Post by pworrell »

I agree!
"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand." - Kurt Vonnegut
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." - Kurt Vonnegut

ImageImage
Duellist
OBOD Bard

Post by Duellist »

I think that would be a very good idea. It could easily become a closed club if we were not careful and that could dissuade new writers from applying to join. At least if we do our talking in public, potential recruits can see that we are (mostly) human.
Sanity is overrated...
Unna
OBOD Bard

Post by Unna »

Do you mean that most of us are human; or that you are mostly human, and as far as you know, so are the rest of us?

It does not matter really... either is OK with me.

I think it would be best... for 2 reasons.

1) We will not clutter up the "working" threads.
2) Same point already made - discussing questions like our "process", what we find helpful, etc or even how to do better critiques will attract more people.

You should do things because they're right. Not because gods say so. They might say something different another time. (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
wyeuro
OBOD Druid

Post by wyeuro »

Yeah, sounds good. :)
wyverne /|\
Duellist
OBOD Bard

Post by Duellist »

Leaflady wrote:Do you mean that most of us are human; or that you are mostly human, and as far as you know, so are the rest of us?
Ah, well that is where the uncertainty lies. How can I speak for the humanity of others, or even myself? It is a good working assumption that we are all human, but I would not want to exclude anyone.
Sanity is overrated...
Unna
OBOD Bard

Post by Unna »

I prefer a certain amount of uncertainty about many things. :grin:

Corvin

Post by Corvin »

Leaflady wrote:I prefer a certain amount of uncertainty about many things. :grin:
Is that a human or godly perspective? Hmmm?

i will neither confirm nor deny i am human. i know some people make up stuff about me anyway :)
wyeuro
OBOD Druid

Post by wyeuro »

I always thought writers were, uh, slightly alien, a race apart, not quite human, outwardly normal but inwardly stra-a-a-nge :thinking: :???: :-| |-) . Outwardly normal? :o Wot am I saying! :huh: Haven't we got two heads and they both smoke smelly pipes? :blink:
wyverne /|\
GreenOak51
OBOD Druid

Post by GreenOak51 »

I'll have you know that I've worn my mask successfully for some time and my mantra - "I'm one of you" is perfect - not a dip in cadence. :grin:
Image :mapleleaf: