What are you afraid of?

This Forum is dedicated to the Druidic search for the underlying meaning of life, the unifying nature of our common humanity, and our interconnectedness in the search for truth.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
FoxPhantom

Re: What are you afraid of?

Postby FoxPhantom » 19 Aug 2010, 02:10

I'll probably add one more fear. It's mostly letting my anger do the talking when I don't want it to. Even though I know try not to let what happens bug me, I can't get the feeling off that I feel angry, yet I am not. Pretty much unleashing it for the wrong cause. (wonder if my minds holds it)
Mischief Managed. Problems Vanished.
This white fox remains.

Monk Seal

Postby Monk Seal » 18 Oct 2010, 11:10

To be honest, as someone who has been badly hit by life many times, I find less and less things I'm scared of, and more and more things I'm just desperate or dissapointed or disgusted about. Not a good feeling really. I'd rather be scared and eager and hoping and expecting than sad, dissapointed or depressed.

Pick yourself up, life hits you hard. Pick yourself up again, life brings you down. I often get the thought that picking ourselves up after yet another fall is the main life task for most of us, dunno. God, what a horrifying thought :o *hopefully it's just a temporary depression run*

Edwin

Postby Edwin » 08 Dec 2010, 07:19

Nothing. That's not a male defence remark or ego or shelter my weakness reply either. Nothing.

I used to have a dream, I had it many times. It came in two variations. An Urban and a rural. There was a basement in the urban, a cellar in the rural. In the bottom of each there was a hole and in that hole, somehwere deep in the earth there was a horrible evil and I had to keep it down there. I would trick people in to not opening the basement door in the urban one and would plug holes in the broken floor of the rural one. I always failed and the evil escaped. I would run and wake up before it caught me.

Once, it caught me. It was a mist shaped hag and the feeling that came over me when she caught up was the most horrifying thing I ever experienced. Like my whole body and every nerve was dissolving. The last time I dreamed of this, I stopped. I turned and I said, no more. I sent her back to the hole and she has not came back out since. Actually, she did. Once. The only time she spoke to me. She said, I am not here for you. My Father passed away a week later. Maybe I do still fear her. I just dont fear for myself when she arrives.

MiriamSPia

Postby MiriamSPia » 11 Dec 2010, 14:06

Actually, I have a lot of fears. For the last few years I've been working to see if I can live effectively without so much fear. It hasn't really worked, but in some ways I have been getting better at it.

I have a lot of sensible fears and a number of really strange ones that I'm not sure if they're coming from bad previous life experiences or just from late night television shows - if you know what I mean.

There are so many of them, that I'm not even willing to list them here. I think if you met me, you would not think "Oh, there's a scared woman" I think you would think, "There's a pretty normal person, a quiet type of person a lot of the time, but she doesn't look like a scaredy cat to me."

The good thing about it is that I have a lot of courage: courage doesn't mean a person is not afraid. Courage means the person takes action despite fear.

Argenta

Postby Argenta » 12 Dec 2010, 06:09

The good thing about it is that I have a lot of courage: courage doesn't mean a person is not afraid. Courage means the person takes action despite fear.
One of my favorite quotes lately: Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.
I am not young enough to know everything. (O.W.)

Return to “The Common Quest”