Spices / Herbs and magic

This forum is for discussions of all aspects and efforts to nurture Gaia - from gardening to tree and herb lore: from husbanding the forests to environmental activism and planting sacred groves.
Forum rules
If you find a topic of interest and want to continue the discussion then start a new topic under The Hearthfire with a similar name and add a link back to the topic you want to continue.
To copy a link just copy the url on the top left of your browser and then put in your post, highlight it and press the url button.
MiriamSPia

Spices / Herbs and magic

Post by MiriamSPia » 27 Nov 2010, 20:31

Many of the herbs and spices can be used in more than one way. For example:

Curry can clear out the digestive system, create heat in cold weather and can kill of bacteria or viruses which might threaten people's health.

Mint, basil and many of these have properties which can aid in other matters. Corriander seeds and cinnamon can help induce and protect love, for example - in addition to being excellent flavor with brown sugar and butter on toast or other pastries, as well as being nice to sprinkle into coffee for a splash of super flavor.

I'm still not sure what mistletoe really does, but hopefully I'll find out eventually.

Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Re: Spices / Herbs and magic

Post by Heddwen » 28 Nov 2010, 13:25

It's great for kissing under

:mistletoe:

:kissie:

mantis
OBOD Bard

Post by mantis » 28 Nov 2010, 14:35

Can't get better than that :yay:

Lashi

Post by Lashi » 23 Feb 2011, 08:49

Thanks for explain good example

Mountainheart
OBOD Bard

Post by Mountainheart » 23 Feb 2011, 09:00

I think I've read that Mistletoe has anti-cancer properties and is being investigated as such by drugs companies.

Thx
David

Return to “Greening Gaia”