How do PMs work?

Having board problems? If you’ve read the "How-to"s and still can’t figure it out, post questions here and someone who’s been there/done that will try to answer you.
Kaci
OBOD Ovate

How do PMs work?

Post by Kaci »

I've tried to send a PM to request access to the Druid-Christian group. I hit "submit" and it looked like something happened, but I don't see anything in my sent or outbox folders. Is there another step I have to take for the message to actually go to the recipient? Thanks for any help!
Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Re: How do PMs work?

Post by Heddwen »

Kaci wrote: 18 Apr 2022, 14:05 I've tried to send a PM to request access to the Druid-Christian group. I hit "submit" and it looked like something happened, but I don't see anything in my sent or outbox folders. Is there another step I have to take for the message to actually go to the recipient? Thanks for any help!
Hi Kaci. I have now added you in to the Druid Christian forum..... Enjoy! (I'm not sure what has happened to the PM facility. It looks like you are doing everything right :???: ) I didn't get a PM from you, if that helps, I had just seen your post here then added you. 8-) Perhaps you could contact the Admins about it. I will PM them (if it works!) and direct them to this thread.

Best wishes,

Heddwen.
Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Post by Heddwen »

Okay, I've sent them a message. :)
Heddwen
OBOD Druid

Post by Heddwen »

....and I've just sent you a PM, Kaci, to check if things are working okay. :)
Briallen Tylluan
OBOD Ovate

Post by Briallen Tylluan »

Hello, I seem to be having issues with PMs too. I’ve tried to send one but it is stuck in my Outbox with nothing showing in my Sent items. It has been there for a good few hours now.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Karen
ImageImage
Leyawenn
OBOD Ovate

Post by Leyawenn »

It means the person hasn't read it yet.
Once they read it, it disappears from the Outbox and moves into Sent. :)
Briallen Tylluan
OBOD Ovate

Post by Briallen Tylluan »

Ah, thank you Leyawenn. That’s great!

Karen
ImageImage
Leyawenn
OBOD Ovate

Post by Leyawenn »

You're welcome. :)
daerwin
OBOD Bard

Post by daerwin »

I've had the same issues on and off for a while.. sent a PM and it disappeared into the ether, not in sent or outbox, just no longer existed. Tried again and it worked, even though I did nothing different :shrug:
Suffer the winter's harsh winds, for it bears aloft the seeds of summer
Paganus? You’re damn right I’m paganus. Now get out of here before I go all Boudica on your Roman arse!
Image It Stands by the Dusty Roadway ~ Beltane 2021Image Unfinished ~ Imbolc 2022Image To Do List ~ Beltane 2023
My personal blog
Leyawenn
OBOD Ovate

Post by Leyawenn »

There are two options, right next to each other: send PM and send email.

I did this recently - unintentionally tapped on email instead of the PM, wrote the whole thing, sent, and then been puzzled why it doesn't show in my outbox/sent.
The email text box looks slightly different than the PM, yet similar if one is not paying extra attention.
daerwin
OBOD Bard

Post by daerwin »

Ahhhhhhh I just figured out what I may have missed last time...
When I've searched for someone's username instead of typing their name in, I'm forgetting to then click 'add recipient', but when typing in their name from memory the add button is right there lol
Feeling a bit deerpy now :wall:
Suffer the winter's harsh winds, for it bears aloft the seeds of summer
Paganus? You’re damn right I’m paganus. Now get out of here before I go all Boudica on your Roman arse!
Image It Stands by the Dusty Roadway ~ Beltane 2021Image Unfinished ~ Imbolc 2022Image To Do List ~ Beltane 2023
My personal blog
Leyawenn
OBOD Ovate

Post by Leyawenn »

Ts alright. :hug:
DamhCaimbeul
OBOD Bard

Post by DamhCaimbeul »

Briallen Tylluan wrote: 02 Jan 2023, 19:43 Hello, I seem to be having issues with PMs too. I’ve tried to send one but it is stuck in my Outbox with nothing showing in my Sent items. It has been there for a good few hours now.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Karen
Same.
Aye, Davie
Salty Coastal Bárd and friend of all Caninae, Ursidae, and Corvidae. Oh My!

May the Forest be with you.

JRR_on_SFP
OBOD Druid

Post by JRR_on_SFP »

DamhCaimbeul wrote: 01 Mar 2023, 17:35
Briallen Tylluan wrote: 02 Jan 2023, 19:43 Hello, I seem to be having issues with PMs too. I’ve tried to send one but it is stuck in my Outbox with nothing showing in my Sent items. It has been there for a good few hours now.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Karen
Same.
In my experience that means the recipient has not “opened” it yet. I’ve had items in there for days/weeks that were sent to folks who don’t log in that frequently.
ImageImageImage

Excited by the journey...the destination will take care of itself.

Image Image Image Image
2024 Imbolc/Lughnassadh, Samhain 2022, Beltane 2022, Lughnasadh 2021

Land Acknowledgement: coming to you from ancestral lands of the Ramaytush Ohlone. To move with intention Beyond Acknowledgement, my household participates in a voluntary land tax process to provide direct support of local and regional indigenous groups.
ShadowCat
OBOD Druid

Post by ShadowCat »

JRR_on_SFP wrote: 01 Mar 2023, 18:55 In my experience that means the recipient has not “opened” it yet. I’ve had items in there for days/weeks that were sent to folks who don’t log in that frequently.
That is correct: it's in the outbox until the recipient opens it, then it moves to sent. I have a few in there that are waiting for folks to return. I do miss some folks that moved on from these boards :-|
‘The best day of your life is the day on which you decide your life is your own’
- Bob Moawad
Golden Harps are like cookies, you can never have just one
:gulp: Mead, glorious mead
Sacred spaces and places