Duplicate Subforum?

Important forum announcements, news of upcoming events of potential interest to our members, FAQs, and a place to ask for and receive technical help with board features.
Forum rules
Your guide to important information about this discussion forum. This forum is viewable by members. Hosts: Art, Selene
xaratustrah
OBOD Bard

Duplicate Subforum?

Post by xaratustrah »

As I am new to these forums, I am just curious, why there are two "Groves and Seedgroups" subforums in the main forum structure? One of them is directly under the "OBOD Grade Forums and General Discussions" the other is a subforum to the "OBOD: General Discussion".
warm greetings /|\
screen.png
screen.png (112.09 KiB) Viewed 2039 times
:yew: May there be Peace throughout the whole world. :yew:
Selene
OBOD Druid

Re: Duplicate Subforum?

Post by Selene »

Hi, xaratustrah,

The OBOD Groves and Seedgroups forum is used by people looking for seed groups or groves to join, or to discuss creating one, or to ask questions about them, etc.

The other Groves and Seedgroups forum is "A forum that houses individual grove and seedgroup forums, which are visible only to the members of those forums. The forums listed herein accept applications through the board; others may be joined by invitation or requesting access from their respective group leaders." In other words, this forum is where various seed groups can have their own online private forum-within-a-forum (generally used by groups that don't have a website or other ready means of communication between members). These are administered and maintained by the individual members who requested them, not by any of the administrative staff for the entire forum.
"I've learned so much from my mistakes...I'm thinking of making a few more."

xaratustrah
OBOD Bard

Re: Duplicate Subforum?

Post by xaratustrah »

thanks for the explanation! Makes sense indeed :yay:
:yew: May there be Peace throughout the whole world. :yew: